Spanish lessons / course in Aguadilla area

Hi. I really would like to attend a Spanish course / lessons.
I am based in Aguadilla .. everything within a 30mins drive would be great = )
Hopefully you can help me out.
Thanks Marlene

check with the local college... they should have some teaching students who could help you out.  it's near the Hotel.

Thx a lot. I already contacted them twice via email (I still need to get a local sim card for my phone); I didn't get anything back I guess the best way to find out is to go to their office.

Rincon Spanish Immersion - they are on FB

If everything fails, I am a retired Spanish/English Teacher who teaches online by Skype ****

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : For security reason, please do not post your contact details on the forum

Thanks ppl I contacted now Rincon Spanish Immersion :)

HI All,

Below is the info I received for the Spanish Immersion Rincon Classes:-) I hope this helps! FYI you can still sign up I got this info today;-)

Rach

Here is what some students shared about Spanish Immersion Rincon- SIR:
Nubia Jones -I was amazed at how Annie engaged every one of her students to participate and be challenged at their own level. She met everyone where they were on their journey to be bilingual. To top it off, Annie's classes were always FUN. Especially, when she taught us fun Puerto Rican styles and variations of the Spanish language. I loved every minute!!

Rhea Maxwell  -Learning a language isn't supposed to be this much fun, is it?  I joined a class of new and old time Rincón residents and we learned so much while having a good time.  The three hours were a breeze thanks to Annie, our inspired teacher.   Will anyone ever forget the Spanish anatomy lesson? 

Lydia Vogtner  -Spanish Immersion Rincon is not just a course; it's a complete learning experience -- structured classes, field trips, games, student/teacher interaction on FB and an education in Puerto Rican history y culture. A great opportunity for gringos in the area. Gracias profesora Ana!

Spanish Immersion Rincon-SIR

Puerto Rico Residents Group Class- Immersion
The goal of Spanish Immersion Rincon is to give our students a true understanding and feeling for the Spanish Language. We believe in the experiential approach and that total immersion is the most effective for learning Spanish quickly. Class sizes are small and dynamic, with a maximum of 8 students per class, in order to maximize student talk time and one-on-one attention from the teacher.

The Experiential Approach to teaching the Spanish language actively engages the learner in the classroom. This system of teaching puts the focus of learning on the learner, meaning that they are engaged and active participants in the language acquisition process. Students learn to speak in meaningful, real-life situations that teach them to communicate appropriately in a social and linguistic context. Our syllabus and framework for class sessions are tailored to the needs of students in an immersion program, and are designed to integrate cultural activities into the learning process.

Course Description: (3 classroom hrs/wk)** plus 3 Optional Practice Activity :
(Course duration: 6 Weeks)  Historic Cultural tour of Rincon (included)

This course is ideal for students who have a few years of Spanish (High school or College), or for students who have learned some Spanish at home but, no experience? You can do it also! You will have a lot of time to practice conversation, culture, real life scenarios and fun activities that will push you to the next level.

Session I: This session provides the students an exploration of the Spanish language and improvement of conversation skills. You will learn grammar and sentence structure. The grammar covered in this class will include; irregular present tense verbs, prepositions, Ser and Estar, adjectives, numbers and formal commands

NEW Language Practice Lab: 1.5 hour lab-Once/per week** (optional)

* *Students will practice their Spanish skills in classroom or creative settings.

Optional Activities: (Additional Fee)
- Salsa Workshop
- Bomba dance workshop
- Tour of Coffee Farm/ Hostos Museum
- Cooking classes

Sessions/ Schedule:

When: (Class) Tuesdays: 9/1/2015- 10/6/2015 (12:30pm – 3:30pm)
            (Lab) Thursdays:   11:00 am – 12:30pm
Course Fee- $170 total
*Lab Fee- $15/week* ($80 if register with class)

Total Program Cost for both:  $250 (when signing up for both)= 4.5 hours per week

**Textbooks:
-Practical Spanish Grammar: A Self-Teaching Guide, 2nd Edition by Marcial Prado and Easy
-Spanish Reader, Second Edition by William T. Tardy
(Students order books through amazon.com)** Texbooks will be used for Spanish Beginner, Intermediate and Advance (all 3 courses)

How to Register:
Please submit full payment in any of the following forms by registration deadline: August 21stth, 2015 (Cash/ Puerto Rico personal Check/ Money Order or Paypal )Note: when using PayPal, please chose option send money to a friend.
(Full payment is due by registration deadline)

**There are only 8 spaces available per class** Registration is guarantee with payment of tuition.

I signed up for Spanish Immersion Rincon last week.  I ordered my books used from Amazon for under $8 each.   One of the books was available in the Kindle version as well.  It should be a fun experience from some of the reviews I've read:)

My wife down loaded the iPhone app called Duolingo. She likes it a lot and finds it fun.
This is the first Spanish course she has used, all the others were never used. It may not be as good as immersion but at least she is using it.

curlygirlpr - great - Annie is entertaining and diligent in her Spanish classes. Please tell her Vic said hello! I took Annie's program last Winter. I am going to Guatemala this November for Spanish immersion at the Pop Wuj  Spanish School in Quetzaltenango, a/k/a Xela.

victorlglass wrote:

curlygirlpr - great - Annie is entertaining and diligent in her Spanish classes. Please tell her Vic said hello! I took Annie's program last Winter. I am going to Guatemala this November for Spanish immersion at the Pop Wuj  Spanish School in Quetzaltenango, a/k/a Xela.

I will tell her Vic:)  What a fantastic opportunity for you...enjoy Guatemala!

Sounds great, I signed up for the course with Annie as well =)

Hello
I am interested I your course on line

Please contact me at you earliest convenience

Thank you
LA

You will meet cool people there ;)

I don't have any experience with her, but there is also Mamma Mel's in Rincon. Email [email protected] or phone 206-250-1862. She teaches Spanish, English, preschool, and babysits.