Is the money i am getting is enough? What do you think?

First of all i am living in uk at broxbourne hertfordshire anyways i am working in a restaurant doing all kinds of work i am like a manager, being a waiter,working on the till putting the orders on, making the drinks,bringing the food out to the customers and taking orders an swell i mostly like do everything in little words....

I am working for about 12 hours per day in weekends or  more is being a day that i have worked for like 15 hours per day.

I am getting paid 700$ pounds per month, i am having a recommendation and i don't pay like electricity,my room. I am also having a meal per day and if i pick a little bit a little bit more food but still i have to pay for food for like apples and banana, and pistachios, or my needs like shampoo and so on.

I got tired because i am only having 2 days off per week and is not enough,and there is no much things to do in the area i am living because there is no shops or anything so i have to pay a taxi in order to get out of here.

I have no idea about other jobs how much people are earning and so on and i dont know if i should being paid more money or if the money it should be fine and i have like no sense of income and i am always feeling that my boss is getting disadvantage of me because he expects me to do everything with such money.... and my life it does not get anywhere with those money so that's why i am asking of your advice.

No, it´s not. Even if you don´t have to pay rent and electricity, you should be paid at least 1200. I worked in Ski resorts in Austria and I had a similar situation. I never had to pay for accomodation or food, everything was provided. But it all depends on your contract. Maybe the rent for your room is being deducted from your salary? Because otherwise I don´t see, how someone could only earn 700 pounds. As for the 2 days off....that is normal. You are not doing a Manager Job. These are all things, that a normal waiter does.

In my country this is the salary of a part time job.

thank you very much for the answer man really.

Well the boss does not pay my recommendation the company that owns it.

The minimum wage in the UK is £6.50 per hour less tax (I assume that you are working legally).
Workers in the UK usually work a 5 day week with two days off, however, work within the hospitality sector has unusual hours. A late start but also a late finish.
If you have worked there for 12 weeks or more, you have a standard basic contract, regardless of whether you have signed any agreement - but again, this only applies if you are living here legally AND if you are employed legally.
You need to speak to someone at the Citizens Advice Bureau near to you, they provide free advice.
I hope you manage to sort things out.
Regards,
Chuckle Butty

PS.....whats with your profile???????? Where do you actually live????

Minimum wage means nothing really, that only applies to workers being paid an hourly wage. If you are salaried you can work and get paid under the minimum wage. That applies to everyone even British nationals.

SimCityAT wrote:

Minimum wage means nothing really, that only applies to workers being paid an hourly wage. If you are salaried you can work and get paid under the minimum wage. That applies to everyone even British nationals.

Hiya SimCityAT,

How are you doing 😊?

Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware about that......just goes to show - this is a place of learning.

Cheers,

Chuckle Butty

I think you are being taken advantage of and wonder how did you finish up working in Broxbourne? Every town in the UK has a Job Center staffed by people experienced in all aspects of employment and so I suggest you visit and talk to them about your situation and providing you are legally entitled to work in the UK, the Job Center staff should be able to find you better paid deployment. If you are not legally entitled to work in the UK then you need to accept you will always be taken advantage of. Peter.

Only larger towns have a Jon Centres, the days when every town had an employment office have gone.

Well I take it from your choice of username, that you're not exactly here legally. If so, your prospects are rather limited unfortunately.

You can check here to see if you are getting the right pay

http://www.caterer.com/salary-checker/a … ing-salary

What are you talking about? I already having an insurance number and i am legally here?

but thank you for trying to help , i don't want to be rude or anything but please don't make wrong assumption about me is not nice.

I am not talking about illegally stuff i am talking about legal stuff...

Well, don't expect job centers to be much help.   Many years ago, they actually helped set up interviews and played a very active and direct part in helping you find a job.   The civil servants over the years have been able to duck and dive to the point where they are now practically useless.   They will look over your CV if you have one, they will point you in the direction of a computer, they might even point you in the direction of a job agency, but for anything practical in finding an employer, well forget it.   They have mastered the art of doing as little as possible for as much as possible.   The only answer is knocking on doors looking for work, or the local newspaper.   If you do have a computer, you could look at a few sites but these types of jobs rarely get listed.   Where I live in South Wales, we had a Barista (coffee shop waiter) advertised.   The next morning they had more than 70 people waiting to apply outside the front door for it to open.   Regardless of Camerons claim to the contrary, there are few jobs, and even fewer well paid or secure jobs being created.   Immigrants are much better off in the USA, Canada, Australia etc.

" Immigrants are much better off in the USA, Canada, Australia etc."

Bollocks.

Ken01 wrote:

Well, don't expect job centers to be much help.   Many years ago, they actually helped set up interviews and played a very active and direct part in helping you find a job.   The civil servants over the years have been able to duck and dive to the point where they are now practically useless.   They will look over your CV if you have one, they will point you in the direction of a computer, they might even point you in the direction of a job agency, but for anything practical in finding an employer, well forget it.   They have mastered the art of doing as little as possible for as much as possible.   The only answer is knocking on doors looking for work, or the local newspaper.   If you do have a computer, you could look at a few sites but these types of jobs rarely get listed.   Where I live in South Wales, we had a Barista (coffee shop waiter) advertised.   The next morning they had more than 70 people waiting to apply outside the front door for it to open.   Regardless of Camerons claim to the contrary, there are few jobs, and even fewer well paid or secure jobs being created.   Immigrants are much better off in the USA, Canada, Australia etc.

Where are you from? Your not English or Welsh

I am Welsh.  I have a home in the Gower and another in Mississippi on the Gulf Coast.   I divide my time between the two.

Ken01 wrote:

I am Welsh..

Change  your flag

Five day work weeks are normal in the UK BUT 12 hour work days are not normal.

You should be paid at least minimum wage plus overtime for any days that go beyond 8 hours.

I don't understand what you mean by "recommendation" how does that reflect any monetary value?

Either way, though, your boss is exploiting you.

How long have you worked there? Now that you've had that job you can probably go to another job in a different restaurant that treats its employees better.

Good luck,
Rachella