Formalities/visa, documents for getting married

im new here ,im jenny .can someone help me ?i also have boyfriend from belgium we`ve known each other for two months .he`s coming this September to meet me in person ,is it possible to get marry even if we`ve known each other for a short period of time ?we want to get married as early as next year .what visa we`ll be needing and what documents do we have to prepare ?
a little information will help me a lot thank you ..we are both confuse for what step we need to do first

Dont you think you should know him better first before you decide. I think 2 months with long distance relationship are very short to know him better. Just a friendly advice... :)

yeah i also thought that sir ,based for what i`ve read here they were in a relationship for more than a year .i just want to confirm it ..thanks for the information sir

Hello Jenevie Luis,

Planning to get married in Philippines or there in Belgium ?

Cheers, :)
Bhavna

We're planning to get married in Belgium,theres a lot of papers needed if we get married in Philippines..

i been in the embassy  last week  for my visa appointment.. first bring all the necessary documents askin by the site.. next you will have an interview.. the embassy will asked about your background and about your boyfriend.. how long you been together.. And some concern.. in case of me .. my boyfriend is with me during that moment.. and his been in the philippines twice.. and we are more than one year together.. the embassy will just check it.. and sent to brussels that will be the one to decide about the filling... its a stressing process.. be sure that your ready..

Your wrong about the thought that is easy to marry in belgium... Its much easier here..😉

Yes, I agree with you....it is more easier to get. mArried here a little bit costly but less husstle..I have known someone in mla city hall who can help you..  3 of my friend got marriage here to a foreigner. This is not scam...they already have their marriage contract from NSO, one of the document requirement for visa processing to bring his wife to morocco.

Tell ur bf to get permission to get married in Belgium..he will present it here in Philippine embassy of Belgium together with his passport. They will issue him legal capacity(permit to get marry)...it will take 3-5 working days. If divorced he will submit submit divorced paper in the embassy..that's very easy...then I will send u to our reverent to do ur wedding..

really ?he said its easy to get marry there in belgium ...we will see it
he`s coming to visit me and we`re going to the embassy together ,you think guys its better if we`ll come there together ?

You can go with him to the embassy but make sure you have the documents.

okay mam he`s not listening to me that its much easier to get marry here ...he said the embassy in belgium told him already that its easy to get  marry there ...i dont know im kinda confuse thats why im trying my best to ask some people who have been experiencing these kind of stuff ...i badly need some help ...i will message you mam soon ,...i will just ask him again ...

okay we will go to the embassy together when he`s already here ..so i will just post an update soon if i will be needing your help mam .i also want to get marry here ...if we`ll get marry here is it just a civil wedding ?

my boyfriend told me that he want us to get marry as soon as possible ,i doubt that because i have to copmplete the documents first asking by the site ..mam once he get here we cannot go to embassy if we dont have complete documents ?

Not sure about getting married in Belgium, but in UK and Australia it is very easy.  I've done one in each, and looking at the Philippine way of needing so many papers etc, taking the Marriage Seminar and Counseling etc, and paying for these, even my fiancee doesn't want to do the Philippine marriage way.

Have you read this: "Getting married abroad or in Belgium"
http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/service … /marriage/

It give information on what YOU need to marry in Belgium, and what HE may need if he marries overseas.
This is one part:

Documentation for a Belgian wedding

Expect to have to provide:

Birth certificate;
ID (eg passport);
Proof of nationality;
Proofs of civil status (eg. a divorce or death certificate, if you have been married previously);
Proof of residence –  His local authority will issue a certificate for this. At least one partner must produce proof of residence in Belgium

It is civil wedding...u can have church wedding if u want...if he doesn't have complete cert...u and ur bf can ask the processing of  documents in Belgium embassy here. Belgium consulate will issue him legal capacity(permission to get married) it will take 10 working days because they will check the backgrounds of ur bf if he is single or divorced...

Thanks for the information mam ,I hope we can be marry here I want my friends and family to be part on that special day of my life.. but of course it takes time, we don't want to rush things, we will take it step by step.. I will post an update if I will be needing your friends help mam...thank you so much for the information, it helps a lot to us.. God bless you po

Yeah thanks sir, I'm a bit confused because other people said it was easy to get marry here others said it's easy in other country too... soi guess my bf and I have to think about it soon.. thanks for the information sir.. God bless you

A marriage is a big thing, well, the first one is ;)

If you want it to be a special event, I would suggest that you make the effort, as needed, for a wedding in your country with your relatives.  Even if it was twice as hard to arrange, it is YOUR day to remember for the rest of your life.

Some, like me, will just stand in front of a registrar, with 2 witnesses, and be happy.  My first one had all the relatives, so I've done that, and anyway, I am a man, so it's not as important.

I just got married in the Philippines to my filipina wife. I am Canadian. I had to get a statutory declaration from my embassy to say that I was divorced and single. It basically serves the "capacity to Marry" requirement to remarry. I had to show my divorce papers to the embassy and my passport. It took about an hour and cost me $50 U.S. Then we applied at city hall in Tuguegarao for a marriage license which we received in 10 days. Cost was only 300 php. Once you have the marriage license you can go anywhere in the Philippines and get married my a judge or mayor, whichever you prefer. Now I am back in Canada and I have to apply for residency for my wife. It may take 6 months to a year to get it. I've heard from other people that have been through it. Once I have applied here the papers will be sent there to her and she has to go to the embassy for an interview. It is a lengthy process. Hope this helps you.

Hi, I do not mean to rain on your parade. Someone else here said it, don't rush into this. What is the big hurry? Take a couple of years to really get to know each other. Give him the chance to know what is expected of him regarding his responsibilities to YOUR family. Make sure he understands that there is NO divorce in the Philippines. I am saying all this for your protection to young lady. After a few short months YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW HIM. Remember,if you end up not liking this guy, you are stuck in a deep hole which is extremely hard to dig yourself out of. Good luck :)

Jenevie Luis wrote:

Thanks for the information mam ,I hope we can be marry here I want my friends and family to be part on that special day of my life.. but of course it takes time, we don't want to rush things, we will take it step by step.. I will post an update if I will be needing your friends help mam...thank you so much for the information, it helps a lot to us.. God bless you po

Even if you do not need help, please keep us updated, your information could help someone else.

Munchie wrote:

Make sure he understands that there is NO divorce in the Philippines.

The divorce thing has always appeared to be a one sided thing, as we foreigners can easily get divorced in our own own countries if we go back.  That then appears to free BOTH parties to remarry again.

Article 26 of the Philippine Family Code
Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law

Munchie wrote:

Give him the chance to know what is expected of him regarding his responsibilities to YOUR family.

At that point he may do a runner...

However, not all Philippine families demand total support once they have farmed out their daughter to a foreign millionaire/ATM machine etc..

you met online 2 months ago you have never met face to face and you want to get married?? you young lady are completely mad! what if he turns out to be a nutcase? wife beater murderer? you know nothing about him marriage is a big commitment im married to a filipina and we are living in bohol until her visa is sorted we have an 8 month old daughter ,but ive known her since 2011 and we only got married in may this year,i would seriously ask yourself why this guy wants to marry you as soon as possible! marriange is a life long commitment so why the rush? live together first for a couple of years and get to know each other don't do something you will regret later!

rogerjsy wrote:

you met online 2 months ago you have never met face to face and you want to get married?? you young lady are completely mad!

I totally agree with your logic there., especially with someone they have never actually met.

However, I think this happens a lot for couples as they can't live together without getting married, so that they can get a visa to go to the foreigners country.

If the foreigner can take a year off work and live in the Philippines for a while, then that would work, and may be best, so that they can get to know each other.  But otherwise, its a long term distance relationship where they still don't really know each other.

Jenevie Luis wrote:

really ?he said its easy to get marry there in belgium ...we will see it
he`s coming to visit me and we`re going to the embassy together ,you think guys its better if we`ll come there together ?

Well, it may be easier to get married in Belgium than in the Philippines...but the issue is whether the Belgian Embassy in Manila will grant you a fiancée visa considering that you've only known each other for over 2 months and never even met each other in person yet. You would surely be asked about the history of your relationship.

Marrying in the Philippines (although requires a lot of paperworks) and later applying for a family reunification with your Belgian husband maybe less complicated. You will just have to wait for at least 3 months (after marriage for your marriage certificate to be available at the NSO) before you could proceed to apply for family reunification. Then it will be another few [agonising] weeks or months of waiting for the result of the application.

However, the question is: are you really sure you would want to marry someone who you have known only for a very short time? Remember, a person could be different in real life than what/how he is online. Besides, life in Europe as a foreign wife is not always that easy. I suggest you get to know him first. After he visit you in the Philippines, maybe you could also visit him (on a tourist visa) in Belgium just for you to see how he behaves in his own surroundings and for you to find out if you would really like to settle with him in Belgium. Whatever your reasons for marrying someone from another country...be sensible.

Marrying someone is a big thing.. My fiancee and i are  processing my fiancee visa now..It took as more months to complete the documents needed., and one of that is the history of our relationship.. You have to at least proved that your relationship is true.. In case of us we have more than a year together he come here twice and stay here four months in total... You have to know your man first before you decide his the man you want to be with.. and you need time for that.. dont rush things because it might get fail..Ask for the guidance of your parents.. Im not trying to dissapoint you but im trying to encourage you to build up a relationship that will last long... 😉😉

rogerjsy wrote:

you met online 2 months ago you have never met face to face and you want to get married?? you young lady are completely mad! what if he turns out to be a nutcase? wife beater murderer? you know nothing about him marriage is a big commitment im married to a filipina and we are living in bohol until her visa is sorted we have an 8 month old daughter ,but ive known her since 2011 and we only got married in may this year,i would seriously ask yourself why this guy wants to marry you as soon as possible! marriange is a life long commitment so why the rush? live together first for a couple of years and get to know each other don't do something you will regret later!

I totally agree on this... take time. Remember, you dont know anyone from there once you reach his place.

Regardless off the fact that 2 months is a short  time etc, the technical advise is simple :
Your "fiance" needs to secure your visa in his homeplace, European embassies are (common misconception) NOT in charge of issuing immigrant or fiance visas. They will accept the fomrs, but then forward them to Belgium...so he can do a LOT beforehand in his hometown.
Better tell him that.

2.) you need exactly the same amount of paperwork (as well as your fiance) to get married, abroad or not. The only difference is, that some of yours have to be legalized by the Dep of Foreign affairs beforehand. And those have a time limit (i think 3 months or so, not sure) So doing them now is maybe not good. But get all Pinoy documents, such as NSA, Marriage Cert of mom and dad, Birth Certificate of you and mom and dad, etc.etc. your municipality had a lista what you need.
Only when you got all complete, start with the visa. Only when you got the visa, start with DOA legalization.

3.) The advantage of marriage abroad is that your husband can get a divorce. You can not, only when the foreign husband files it is legally valid in the PI.

In your case this is rather good, as you may want to have a second chance.

4.) Be careful- some foreigner on dating sites talk a lot about marriage and in reality the look for a free vacation mating partner. ( and not only one but 10 or more) So only give in when you see he is genuine. (papers etc.)

Oh, so its difficult to get married there in the Philippines? I wanna marry my gf of 5 years early next year. Maybe I should marry her in India then?

Knowing the guy for 2 months is not enough. However, the decision will always be made by you. About your case, if you plan to marry in Belgium am not really sure if this is very easy for a Filipina if she lives in the Philippines. You may undergo a tough questions regarding documents. It will be nice if he will marry you in the Philippines. I am a Filipina and I have a schengen visa (multiple entry) type C. But I am not allowed to marry with the visa type I had. Moreover, meeting a guy from dating site or any online site is not really my cup of tea. Just an advice don't get rush. If you like him then why not invite him in the Philippines and be the host. You need to know him before getting married. Ciao!!! :-)

Yes its possible to get married, He will need lost of requirements and so do you. if you need more information just send me your email address or contact number.. I can send you list of requirements.

Mike

He's right not to listen to you because you are listening to these guys.. It's much better and easier to marry there. Plus if you are engage then getting a Visa to go there is so much easier than if you marry here in the Philippines... If you marry here they make you wait one to two years for an entry visa when if you are just engaged and plan to visit furtue in laws first then its a two to four months waiting to get Visa

Too many people want to chastise this woman for getting engaged after 2 months.

Just because you're life is screwed up don't mean that hers will be
Now she said that they aren't getting married right away so put a sock in it...

sirrobcentral wrote:

He's right not to listen to you because you are listening to these guys.. It's much better and easier to marry there. Plus if you are engage then getting a Visa to go there is so much easier than if you marry here in the Philippines... If you marry here they make you wait one to two years for an entry visa when if you are just engaged and plan to visit furtue in laws first then its a two to four months waiting to get Visa

Different rules and time frames for different countries. No idea about Belgium but Australia is 9-12 months for either Fiance Visa or Married/Partner Visa.  Or 30 days for a Tourist Visa.

And you can get married very easily (Just need Birth Certificate and Passport) on any Visa, although that does not give the right to be able to stay immediately, depending on Visa.

sirrobcentral wrote:

My first marriage, to a girl I knew for 3-4 years before we married, lasted 7 years.
My next marriage, to a Filipina that I met for two weeks on holiday, lasted 21 years.

I guess no one can tell, and as you say, we should not judge.

ABCDiamond wrote:
sirrobcentral wrote:

My first marriage, to a girl I knew for 3-4 years before we married, lasted 7 years.
My next marriage, to a Filipina that I met for two weeks on holiday, lasted 21 years.

I guess no one can tell, and as you say, we should not judge.

Thanks so much ABC, These guys got to involved with giving marital advice.

If I'm correct she said that they got engaged after meeting online. That's not a bad thing. Atleast he's serious enough to come here and help her make plans.

By the time all is said and done they will have accomplished more in 6 months than me and my ex and we courted for 2 yrs before getting married that lasted 3 years.

I wish them all the best. I hope she is able to get the information she needs as this is a great place to get information from.

Hello everyone! I was that girl who seek help and advices about applying schengen visa. Sorry if I  hadn't online for so long, I forgot my password on that account. I just wanted to say thank you for all of your advices and for being concern.Yeah we shouldn't rush things, anyway my fiance visited me twice last year. We can't be able to get marry here because he doesnt have enough time to stay with me,sadly his work doesn't allowed him to take at least 1 month vacation.
At his first visit he met my family and some friends. We didn't talked about marriage yet because we have to get to know each other first thats what I told him. So he agreed with me.(thanks God! )At his second visit that was the time that he talked to my parents and ask permission to marry me on his country.My parents respected our decision.February I started to get my documents so that I can send it to him. We don't want to wait for a very long years to be together  because for us, even if we stayed years as bf/gf it isn't enough to get to know each other unless you live together. June 29 was my interview date and now I'm just waiting for the results. We are praying hard for a positive result. We are already 1yr and 1 month of being together.
Thank you so much for this girl I've met here who helped me in getting those papers that I need to prepare. (I won't mention her name ).
Thanks to all of your advices, I appreciate it so much. May the spirits be with y'all!

Jenevie Luis -

Thank you for your concern!

Thank you so much for that kindly advices.