DEPENDENT VISA

Hi,

I applied family visa along with my WP in India but embassy gave visa to me and my dependents visa was kept on hold.
When I contacted the consulate they informed me that my wife visa got refused in 2013 and they want to send it to Belgium for the approval. Is it normal even though I had all my documents correct and applied together after 2 years still the process will go to Belgium immigration?Is there any way to expidite the process?
They didn't gave any refusal letter in 2013 too. Kindly suggest.Thanks

Thanks and  Regards
Ranjith Rupireddy

2013 was a very long time ago, so I'm having some trouble understanding the timeline of your issue.

When did you actually apply? When are they saying that your wife's visa was refused? When was her new visa application forwarded to the immigration office in Belgium?

Please clarify so more people can understand your problem and respond accordingly :)

Hi Actually I applied dependent visa along with my WP on Aug 11 , I got Visa within one week but when I asked about my dependents (wife + kid) they are saying that my wife got refused when i first applied i,e in 2013 may.
First I applied  in 2013 from Belgium which they took 5 months for process and refused in sep 2013 , as my wife was pregnent I too returned back to India in Oct 2013.

Now after a gap of 2 years I applied with new WP along with dependents, but still they want to send my dependents file to Belgium as there was a refusal earlier. I don't know why they are not treating this as a new application.
Kindly suggest.
Thanks and Regards

A previous refusal is not necessarily interfering with your wife's new dependant visa application, but for sure it causes authorities to notice what has changed since the last application. That is why they will refer to the previous visa refusal as well to see what new circumstances have arisen that should allow them to take a different decision this time. The gap doesn't matter until something has occurred in this gap that wasn't there before.

You might need to wait for 2-6 months to get a response for this application, that is the usual response time for dependant visas. This time have you applied from India or Belgiium?

I applied from India along with me .

Hi,
I applied for my dependent visa on 28th in mumbai and they have sent my application to belgium for further assessment. In DOFI website the status shows processing and the Date visa application of registration by the Office for Foreigners: 27 Aug 2015

The other info provided is
------------------------------
Extra info1: When a folder is still being processed or if it is not treated because in pending visa documents supporting the request sent by diplomatic bag, the date indicated is the date of registration of the application for visa by the Immigration Department.
Extra info2: The decision is normally sent on the day it is taken. A delay of a few days can, however, elapse before it is actually received by the diplomatic or consular post.
-------------------------------

Any suggestion for processing time depending on the above info?
In one of the post they said when they saw status processing the relocation agent spoke to the ministry
and visa got approved.
Please suggest....