Riyadh Cost of Living

Hi, I am a CA with 11 years of experience & got a offer from Riyadh, Saudi for 15K Riyal, want to know about

the cost of living in Saudi
Medical Cost as i am planning to take my parents also on my cost
restrictions a non muslim needs to face in Saudi
restriction on a 10 year old girl
How much would be the cost of living in a compound etc.

Hi,
Salary is little less as compare to your experience,
for parents usually companies do not provide insurance, and buying individual insurance is headache itself,
Treatment on cash in good hospital is around normal checkup: 300 - 350 SAR (excluding medicines)
Compounds are really good option for you but rent is higher than the apartments/villas portion outside somewhere in city, compunds will be around 50-60 + thousands per year at-least.
There is no such restrictions, except of that you need to wear abhaya(black) once you are out of compound/apartment/villa.
Good School fees starts from 20 - 35 thousands SAR per year,
Good Luck for your new job and Welcome.

gautamca wrote:

Hi, I am a CA with 11 years of experience & got a offer from Riyadh, Saudi for 15K Riyal, want to know about

the cost of living in Saudi
Medical Cost as i am planning to take my parents also on my cost
restrictions a non muslim needs to face in Saudi
restriction on a 10 year old girl
How much would be the cost of living in a compound etc.

Hi qautamca,
How are you doing today?
You are safe where ever you go.Its actually all up to you on how you conquer the world today.
Saudi Arabia is perhaps the best for you in terms of   leaving cost...you get advantage in everything,everywhere in the kingdom  for ( VAT) Value Added Tax FREE compared to the rest.
With regards to your 10 yr old girl and parents restrictions there  is nothing to worry.Brief them and educate them (family member) on how to follow and obey the Country rules ,culture and regulations and tradition etc.. in order you to be safe and to obtain the healthy living in your host Country. Be optimistic.

Good luck and Welcome to your new home..
Daniel of Jeddah

Thanks Daniel & Umair

the rent is the key factor to consider