Our family is looking at moving to Edmonton

Hi

Our family is looking at moving to Edmonton.
My husband is an electrician and I am a receptionist/internal sales.

If there is any advice that ex South African can give on:

- Affordable places to live for a family of 4
- Good ereas for raising children

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Michelle1982,

Welcome on board :)

A new topic was created as from your post on the Edmonton Forum for better interaction et more visibility :)

We will suggest you to please download our destination guides ---> Canada expat guide to find information on living in Canada

Regarding accommodation we wil invite to please check out the Housing in Edmonton and eventually to drop an advert here :)

Also you can check out this article on Accommodation in Canada pls :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi, I haven't lived in Edmonton for a number of years now, but it is a nice city.  The newer areas are all around the edges of the city. I personally always lived on the south side of the river, and really there are no "bad" areas that I can think of.  Some older definitely, but still safe neighborhoods.   Avoid ,Cromdale. Beverly  and areas around 118th avenue, and inner city  ( 93rd - 98th st), as they tend to attract a rougher population ( although that is a generalization).  The exception would be Riverdale which is a lovely little community near the river.   University area is popular this includes 82nd Ave also known as Whyte ave. which is a trendy area.