HELP. SCHOOL ;[

I am a 20 year old american girl completely confused ...
Dont know what to do...
So I have the biggest dream to become a doctor.
My main intrest would be optometry .. if not dentistry as i am a dental assistant now, But lean more towards optometry.
So another dream of mine is to go to spain...
I would LOVE to study abroad.
I decided to not go back to school here due to not wanting to get caught up in any more student loans...
I am so lost.
Weather to go and live my dream in spain and see if i can be able to go to school there? ( Will i even be able to do it as an american)
Dont get me wrong with american studies i would but i just think about the student loans and think about how much i want to travel to spain and live there permanently... Someone please reach out to me. I would greatly appreciate it...
especially if you are a dr yourself or even somone who got their degree abroad. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Hi Caneloo Life is too short but you gotta pay the bills jobs are almost impossible to get in spain best to see if you can get into school there and study there or maybe be a caregiver and charge a great fee for your services as a caregiver Your Spanish has to been very very good don't get involved with the guys you gotta pursue your education and get a career for yourself!!! don't waste your time if you really mean to live  in Spain don't know what the medicial profession is like hook up with a mentor for your career if you can Good Luck Angela

Yes, you can study in School in Spain the public schools are almost free. There are two type of educations

1. Formal
2. Professional.

Professional Education starts after 10th grade of school and it has almost all fields of study from IT to Medical. if you study 2 years in education which is Intermediate level professional degree you can easily get JOB but if you study Higher  education which is 4 years of professional study. Its equivalent to BCS of university after that you can easily get admission in university while doing a Job.But all studies here are in Spanish or other local languages so be prepared for that.
I came from Pakistan and I didn't had any idea of Spanish but professional education involves a lot or practical and I learnt Spanish while studying, so best of luck I would recommend professional education because it will give you access to job easily because they will send you to the companies of your choice for practical which is very good. I did practicals in Barcelona as Internship in a Data Centre of my choice.

and cheapest city to live is Barcelona very low rents for apartments and very good public transport with very low prices. I always bought a monthly Ticket which gave me unlimited access to all public transport. It costs about 50 euros.Apartments rents are from 200 euros and food and grocery is very cheap and if you moved to Barcelona and want to know about which professional school you want to join and how to get admission with your previous US based education I am willing to help you. Best of Luck.

thank you so much angela for your comment.... yes i have heard to abtain a job is hard but i am willing to do anything in order to pursue this dream..

thank you so much for all your information your amazing !! ill be sure to inbox you

If you wanna be optometry, you have to study 'Medicine degree' or 'Optical and Optometry degree'. The price of each subject is around 180€, so the entire career is around 7200 € (in four years), and it isn't free in the public system. Here you have the prices: https://www.ucm.es/precios-de-estudios-de-grado

I know in Spain, there is assistance or remuneration for the students, but you have to comply with the requirements

Ahm, and another thing, the two most expensives cities in Spain, are Barcelona and Madrid. In this two places, the education is more expensive than in the rest of Spain.And the same thing happens with the houses and transport.

Well I studied in Barcelona for two years and hardly paid 80 euros for two years. 40 € each year. I was studying in public institute and I was studying "Grado Medio en Informatica"

But she wants to study Optometry, it is a career in the university. You have studied another type of educacion, the F.P. it is like an 'Associate Degree'

I know but their are a lot of career options in medical field in Professional education as well and if you do Grado Superior it is equivalent to Bachelors of university she can go and study masters and I am sure she will get a Good job with Grado superior. She also said that she is interested in dental field as well there are a lot of options here.

Audioprótesis (LOGSE)
Audiología Protésica (LOE)
Anatomía Patológica y Citología (LOGSE)
Anatomía Patológica y Citodiagnóstico (LOE)
Dietética (LOGSE)
Documentación Sanitaria (LOGSE)
Documentación y Administración Sanitarias (LOE)
Higiene Bucodental (LOGSE)
Higiene Bucodental (LOE)
Imagen para el Diagnóstico (LOGSE)
Imagen para el Diagnóstico y Medicina Nuclear (LOE)
Laboratorio de Diagnóstico Clínico (LOGSE)
Laboratorio Clínico y Biomédico (LOE)
Ortoprotésica (LOGSE)
Ortoprótesis y Productos de Apoyo (LOE)
Prótesis Dentales (LOGSE)
Prótesis Dentales (LOE)
Radioterapia (LOGSE)
Radioterapia y Dosimetría (LOE)
Salud Ambiental (LOGSE)

Grado superior is not the equivalent to Bachelors of university. In actual fact, It has nothing to do with that. But I agree with you, it is better a Grado Superior: less years, it is easier and very good possibilities of jobs.

Well I don't understand how its not equivalent to University Bachelors because you can get admission directly in Masters in University after Grado Superior or F.P Superior. In that sense its equivalent. I know its different type of education which has nothing todo with formal education. but after doing bachelors your only chance is to get admission in masters to get a job but in case of F.P you can get job after Grado Superior and than continue with your Mastes education and you will be able to finance your higher education by yourself.

I want to know if there are any special needs schools between Malaga airport and fuengirola .I want to move to fuengirola next year but I have to have a school for my twelve year old who has Down syndrome .Thank you Majella or [email protected]

Majella1 wrote:

I want to know if there are any special needs schools between Malaga airport and fuengirola .I want to move to fuengirola next year but I have to have a school for my twelve year old who has Down syndrome .Thank you Majella or [email protected]

I am sorry for late reply. The better option will be to ask your Ayuntamiento they can direct you to address of school and all the help that you need in this case. But I am sure there will school and pick and drop service for free.

Here is there website you will be able to find their address on website
http://www.fuengirola.es/portal_localweb/InitIndex.do

Thank you very much for your help its all in Spanish so I will phone them in the morning.

Always interesting to look at foreign countries for fun, education and excitement, especially when you are young. Educational debt is a big deal for sure so I don't blame you for not wanting to add to it. Perhaps if you decide to go to Spain,I can look into providing some part time work, promoting my fitness products to gyms and CrossFit in Spain. I'm considering going there as well at some point to look for a place to stay whenever I visit there. Perhaps there is potential. Glad to chat if you like.

Regards,

Steven