Business in Male

I would like to know how can I rent office in Male. I mean ay least where to find this info about property for rent.
Also maybe somebody can guide me about the steps of establishing a company and getting license?

hi, gd to see u again
my frient regarding renting the shops or office there are 3 options.
1 ) Expat.com classified / housing section
2 ) ibay.com.mv
3 ) Haveeru news paper (unfortunately its in local language)

last option (dont go for it) to hire a local agent who will find the appropriate property for you (if you choose this option u will end up paying double)

registering a company in Maldives is like cooling down the hell. so much nonsense procedure and paper work and moreover, they say it will get ready in 2 weeks but trust my words it took 7 months to get my company done here. better go to Economic department it is located on majeedi maagu and meet directly to Ms. Shahnaaz she is incharge of Foreign investment section. she is helpful but still you have to follow the procedure.

if you choose a company secretary to arrange all registration process for you they might charge you 3000 to 4000 $ non government fee so be very careful as they will also consume the same time.

better come here or if you are already here go directly to ministry of economic development / registrar of companies office.

need further help feel free to contact me.

best Regards,
Ali

premv.com
ibay.com.mv/index.php?page=browse
http://www.trade.gov.mv

I hope above links will help.
There will be restrictions for foreigners to do business in Maldievs.nwhat types of businesses are allowed can be checked from Economic ministry site.

Office space renting can work out cheaper if you do a head hunt especially if you are looking fir a smaller space.

Thank you, kingali2308 and chandraleka. I will check all these info. Chandraleka, could you send your links to my messages because i can't see them here. Thank you!

so active huh.  :thanks:

elizabethsaw wrote:

so active huh.  :thanks:

Stop chasing me La ;)

Chasing your handsome son

http://www.trade.gov.mv
www. trade. gov. mv
As suggested by other college will give all links and explanations in getting a company registered. There  will be other oermits licenses you may have to obtain from other ministries based on the type of business you intend doing and there will be businesses a foreigner is restricted as well. If you wish to get more details can write to makhma @ yahoo. com

Ok. Ppl I will do my best to get as as possible info about business. And not start a new topic (I think I ask too many questions here) maybe some of you, active members, can help me to find a 2-3 bedroom apartment for daily rent in Male or Hulhumale? I need for 6 nights in the beginning of September.
Thank you!

Establishing a company.mplease refer to link given in previous chats. You have to take forms from Economic ministry fill and submit with relevant documentation a and information. There are local companies, foreign investment companies, business registrations etc. Licences will be mostly from relevant ministries based on the kind of business you want to do.

To rent an office space try ibay.com which has real estate section. Or you just have to do a head hunt. U also can put a post in ibay.

Kingali, I will come to Male in one week. Will stay short period and want to finish as much as possible b4 i go back. Can you give me any idea of which documents should i bring with me? Should we rent office first or go to register a company?
I checked government web site which Chandraleka gave me, they write that process takes 2 days  :D
Of course I believe it will take longer, but just to be ready and prepared.
P.S. We have a registered and working company in Egypt and want to open similar in Maldives. Can it help us?
Also what are the working hours of the government places in Male?

Thank you a lot.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : no free advertising on the Forum pls