Any good exercise books to recommend please?

Hi ,

Hope you are well.
I am Ai Lian, Malaysian Chinese. Currently working in KL but my boyfriend is a japanese.
I actually wanted to learn Japanese by my own but can't find a good exercise book/book for beginner with hiragana & katagana with english.
I actually love the scenery and the atmostphere in Japan.
My concern is to get a job there without knowing how to speak and write japanese. Huhu..

Greetings,
Ai Lian

cariatan wrote:

Hi ,

Hope you are well.
I am Ai Lian, Malaysian Chinese. Currently working in KL but my boyfriend is a japanese.
I actually wanted to learn Japanese by my own but can't find a good exercise book/book for beginner with hiragana & katagana with english.
I actually love the scenery and the atmostphere in Japan.
My concern is to get a job there without knowing how to speak and write japanese. Huhu..

Greetings,
Ai Lian

Love the fact that you are with a Japanese while you don't speak Japanese.
Hiragana and Katakana is just Japanese's ABC, you need to practice until you burn it into your brain to be able to read hiragana and katakana like ABC.
As with the rest, you will eventually know how to understand and speak Japanese as you interact more in Japanese.

If you want to find a job in any professional scene, you'll most probably need some sort of Japanese language certification like JLPT.
For casual stuff, you might get lucky if you find someone nice who's hiring.
Good luck!

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply!
In fact my boyfriend speaks english well as he was studying and lived in Malaysia for many years before. :)
May i know if you have any good exercise books to recommend please?
I know most of Hiragana but still not good with Katagana.
I am working for a japanese company where i always hear people speaks japanese
but i will still need exercise books to burst me up for the language.. hihi.

Greetings,
Ai Lian