Looking to meet new friend's

:) hi all my name is mags and I moved to brasil,uberlandia about 3 months ago to be with my fiancé. Although happy to be with wilian it's a lot harder than I ever imagined and learning Portuguese is a lot harder than I thought.  What's difficult though is finding it hard to make friend's so am really hoping to meet some through here. Hope to her from you all soon. 😉

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/BANNER_zps3602e73e.jpg

Hi Mags,

First of all, on behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. I hope that your participation here will be both enjoyable and informative. I'm sure that if you're active on the forums you'll have lots of new friends here in no time at all.

Regarding learning Portuguese, given that you're constantly going to be exposed to it there in the "Triangulo Mineiro" you sure won't lack in immersion in the language. Most of us gringos are going to be found in Belo Horizonte and not Uberlândia for sure. The language isn't really as difficult to learn as you might think, especially if you learn a few tips and tricks that will make it much more understandable. Have a look at my posting LEARN OVER A THOUSAND PORTUGUESE WORDS IN A FEW MINUTES, I'm sure that it will be of great help to you. Don't forget to send me a private message with your e-mail address if you would like a copy of the foods lists mentioned, since we can't send attachments in the private message system here.

I'm a Canadian who has been living here for over 13 years now. I have a Brazilian wife and child. My little guy is now 8 years old and he's the light of my life. I've lived in 5 different Brazilian states, in cities like Manaus - AM, São Paulo - SP, Belo Horizonte - MG, Porto Seguro - BA and for the past 3 1/2 years now in Macaé - RJ. I'm the go to guy here on EB for any information or advice you may need about living in Brazil with all its various and sundry quirks, so if you need anything at all just post to the forum or PM me.

Again.... Seja bem-vinda aqui.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Mag ,
I know how your feeling . It`s not easy to make friends , real friends are God`s gift to us . After more than a decade here in Brazil I can say I have only one friend , my wife .  Portuguese ain`t a difficult language to learn if you get to love Brazil and all this country means , if not ,it becomes unbearable even to hear it . I decided to move away in a few months because I need to change my life but hoppe you and the others will find a way to cope with this new reality and maybe even help to make things better over here .

Hi! Hope to meet new friends here

Hello! I'll planning to move there in Brazil,for my fiancee.Can you give me any advice? Thanks

Hello poral.7,

I can assure you that you'll get a much better response from our members if you give a brief introduction of yourself.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Mags! I have been here in Brazil for 3 months as well.. I have this trouble of learning Portuguese as well. However, I am sure that we will over come this very soon hopefully. Please text me if you need to meet and to talk. I am here by myself as well. I know how it does it feel!!

Hi
I moved to brazil since 6 months and I barely speak in portuguese i get the same problems like you ... finding friends and hanging out the week-end
so if you would like you are welcome you and your fiancé contact me any time we will settle up