Cost of living in Cameroon

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Cameroon.

Don't forget to mention where in Cameroon you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Cameroon?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Hi!

I live in Douala and here are a few prices:

Beer at an expat bar (Orange mécanique, Cigale, etc) 4,000 CFA (9$)
Dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant with one bottle of wine: 45,000 CFA

Water: 1,900 CFA for 6 bottles of Yassa of 1.5 liter or 2000 for the same of Tanguy

Food: put around 250,000 CFA per month for 2

Fruits and vegetable are affordable.  One KG of tomatoes cost 500 CFA.  When I buy my fruits and veg for the week, it costs me around 4,500 CFA.

Hi,
my name is Pedro and I would like to know if you can help with the following:
Average salary of a Ground Handling worker at Douala Airport
Aircraft Turnround charges
Do you know any web address where to look for?

pmaidenc wrote:

Hi,
my name is Pedro and I would like to know if you can help with the following:
Average salary of a Ground Handling worker at Douala Airport
Aircraft Turnround charges
Do you know any web address where to look for?

pmaidenc;

salaries are very different in Cameroon. As an expatriate you can expect to make US $70,000 and much more if you get the job.

good luck man

Hi,
My name is Naveed. I am a muslim living in Pakistan Right now I am not sure where in Cameroon, I'll come but I am getting a chance to accept a job offer (teaching ESL to Undergraduates). I'll be on probation period for six months so will not get any accomodation. After six months, if I'm allowed to continue, the company will shift me to some accomodation. I am particularly interested in knowing about some affordable, clean and reasonable (for a person with my profile) accomodation, something like a clean hostel especially for working men. Please tell me the range of  monthly expenses in US Dollars.
Thanks

Hi Naveed:
congratulations on you Cameroon job.

If you plan everything well you 'll have a great time in Cameroon. initial it may be difficult to know you way around but with time it gets pretty easy and interesting.

The cost of living varies greatly depending on the city and town you are living in - Douala is on a different scale- most expensive.

if you are heading to Douala consult this helpful page

cameroon-today.com/douala.html

other than DOuala & Yaounde the cost of living should be very minimal especially in Bamenda but i don't see anyone being assk to teach ESL in English speaking Cameroon

Let me know if you've got more questions

this arrangement sounds very much like a job my husband has been offered but in construction......did you take the job and how did it work out ?

hi my name is venkat from chennai and plan for business trip to duoala,cameroon and wuold like to know the cost for Visit Visa and stay for 5 days