Your experience of culture shock in Turkmenistan

Hi,

Living in a foreign country implies to discover its culture, to learn and master the cultural codes.

How did you deal with that? Share with us your culture shock stories where you experienced a funny or awkward moment in Turkmenistan.

What is your advice regarding the don'ts and what would you recommend to avoid any mistake?

Thank you in advance for sharing your stories,

Christine

Hi,

My name is Bob South and I am the current Boeing Representative in Ashgabat. I will be starting my PhD dissertation on the subject of culture shock and cross-cultural training in a few months and would love to have a sampling of responses from your survey. I would like to stay in touch but have some very strict requirements regarding research prior to subject approval. So Thank you in advance and keep the news coming.

Bob South
Boeing Field Services

Hello Bob,

This is not exactly a survey. Members wishing to share their experience of culture shock in Turkmenistan with future expats or to expats will do so on the this thread itself.

Please subscribe to the topic and you will be getting notifications about new postings on this thread.

Now, if you are looking for testimonies on the same topic, please drop an an advert in the Looking for testimonies in Turkmenistan section.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hello,

How is life there Bob?I will move to there soon..