Your experience of culture shock in Kosovo

Hi,

Living in a foreign country implies to discover its culture, to learn and master the cultural codes.

How did you deal with that? Share with us your culture shock stories where you experienced a funny or awkward moment in Kosovo.

What is your advice regarding the don'ts and what would you recommend to avoid any mistake?

Thank you in advance for sharing your stories,

Christine

Well if you live in the center of Pristine you have to get accustomed to around 10 the water goes out. You will not get it back until the morning. It wasn't a shock for me. You just learn to work around it. I have been here for 3 years and 3 months and I have seen alot of changes. Unfortunately as the foreigners start to leave things will change more. I love it. I don't have to stay, but I do. Perfect distance from a lot of countries to see and visit. After all I have seen I have not seen it all.

My advice is come with an open mind. Use common sense and be polite. Most Albanians are not looking for trouble so if you bring some trouble you will find yourself in trouble. Just go an hang out on mother T in Pristina, have a machiato and just watch and talk to people Unfortunately the weather has started turning cooler so there will be less people out.