Apartment search

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to start my rental apartment search?

Thank you kindly,

Tracy

Tracy6234 wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to start my rental apartment search?

Thank you kindly,

Tracy

Welcome to the forum... :) 

I suggest you take a look through the accommodation advertised in the housing section at the top of this page. You also place a free ad there too.

Thank you very much! 😊

We have a list of rental sites available too. I am not sure if I am allowed to place a link here or not.  They aren't my rental sites at all, we just provide a list for people who want to move to or visit Spain.  Look for Wagoners Abroad and on our home page click on the "visit Spain" photo... at the bottom of that post we have about 8 rental sites we use for accommodation or send friends to use.

Two ways really. Check the adverts in places like milanuncios, idealista, tu casa and tens more. there are also lots of private ads on supermarket notice boards and anywhere else where people can stick up a poster - like lamp posts or, much easier but more expensive, decide the sort of place you would like to live and walk into an estate agent in that area and ask.

An estate agent is more expensive. The normal drill is that if the rent is, say, 500€ they will ask you for 1500€. 500 for the first month's rent, 500 as a deposit against damage and 500 for them as their fee. The advantage is that they will take you to the places, they will draw up the contracts and they will probably be helpful long after you have moved into your place.

I have been renting here for a number of years, and am currently looking to move from Alicante to the Girona area so I,m busy searching again;) My current search sites are pisos.com and habitaclia as well as tucasa and loquo.com - all good;) Just be wary though because Spain is a very popular holiday destination so just make sure you are looking at long term rentals as the holiday rates will be high!

It is very easy to search for apartments.  We haven't moved to Spain, yet, but I constantly search on www.enalquiler.com and on www.pisos.com.

Both sites cover all of Spain, allow to select the region/province and city you may be interested in.  If you use Google StreetView you will be able to take a look at the neighborhood to get an idea of whether it fits your interest.

This is how my husband and I have been able to narrow down our preferred province, city, and even neighborhoods!

Keep an open mind, be reasonable, and good luck to you!

Great advice, thank you kindly!  I'll be renting short term via my teaching school, but then will be on the hunt for long term.  Thank you again and good luck with your search!!

Fantastic!  Thank you too much!  I'm just starting my search therefore your advice is greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your search as well!

Thank you so much for the advice!  There seems to be a lot of options, and obviously one has to be pretty savvy.  I learned my lesson the very hard way in NYC ;-(  I really appreciate your help!

Thank you kindly!  I will take your advice and will definitely get the ball rolling. Excited and overwhelmed and the moment, but these blogs are such a great resource!

Hola, Tracy. One negative thing to look out for is fraud. One positive thing is that most apartments (pisos) come furnished. Pardon my shameless plug but you can download a copy of my ebook by searching with "Ron Garza ebook". While it is a distortion of my one-year stay, there are a lot of things in it that will help you.

Hola, Ron! Thank you for the advice and I will definitely download your ebook.  I've had my fair share of fraud living in NYC and I don't want to go down that road again. I'll be in school for my teaching certificate for the first month and I will be staying in a shared apartment but after that I'm on my own. Plus I have a dog so I will a) need to find a good boarder while in school and b) need to find an animal-friendly picos after that.
I see that you're from Austin; I'm a native Houstonian :-)