New to Chennai, what is the best place to stay with family ?

I am new to Chennai and my work location is Perungalathur. What would the best place to stay, apart from Tambaram?

Lots of accommodation you got around your area. Based on the area, the accommodation cost may vary.

Hi.

If you work in Perungalathur, the ideal location will be Vandalur, Guduvanchery, Urapakkam. You can find many good apartments with a reasonable cost.
But Tambaram is good as well,  Like East tambaram, Selaiyur, etc.,

Your work location is Perungalathur, so if you want to stay in a good area which is also quite close to work then I would suggest Perumbakkam. I travel daily to Gandhi nagar from Sankarapuram, the same route that you might follow if you plan to stay at Perumbakkam. I suggested you this place because this area has good connectivity to Perungalathur, i.e within an hour you can reach your work and plus to stay here is a pleasure in itself. It is also close to all the other major points of city like the OMR area (IT Hub), many beaches, Medavakkam etc. So from one place you can reach to many other easily. I live at Radiance Mercury in Perumbakkam, we can be neighbours some day :D. Hope my answer helps you out.

Perumbakkam would be the best option for you