Overstaying in The Dominican Republic

Hi everybody

I'm travelling to Santo Domingo in the dominican republic tomorrow. I've booked a ticket to San Juan, but i just recently  found out that i've made a mistake and booked the ticket out of the country 91 days after i enter the dominican republic. The tourist visa last for 90 days.

Do i need to buy a new flight? Or can i just pay the overstay upfront when i'm arriving?

Best regards
Oskar

No worries, you pay the overstay on exit honey.   And welcome to the forums!

Thank you.

Actually i dont have any visa, just read that the tourist visa lasts for 90 days? Will the tourist card i buy in the airport last 91 days (when i pay the overstay)?

That tourist card is the visa.  It is a tourist visa.  So $10 when you land then your overstay fee when you leave.

Also if not included in your air fare you will have a $20 exit tax as well

Bob K

You don't need a ticket out to San Juan. Immigration at the airport doesn't check or care when you will leave. Just a bunch of fear mongering hype to get you to buy more tickets.

I'm leaving santo Domingo in two weeks and want everything organized so I don't run into any problems when I leave. I arrived June 18 2015 and I'm leaving September 15 2015 . Where do I pay my overstay fee . How much? And what other expenses will I have to pay?? I want this to go as easy as possible .
Makayla -

Here is the new thread with  fees posted   https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=517005

Dreamtime I think you misread his question.

I might of been answering another question.

You sure were honey..... :D

The threads don't really work right. If I respond to a specific question, it doesn't put that response after that question. It puts it at the bottom of the entire thread which could be two or more pages later!

Right On Bro!!!

Yup and that is how it is.  Adjust.

Sounds like living here....adjust :D:D:D

Bob K

Keep beating a dead horse.

dreamtime wrote:

The threads don't really work right. If I respond to a specific question, it doesn't put that response after that question. It puts it at the bottom of the entire thread which could be two or more pages later!

Hello dreamtime

When replying a specific post, do not forget to 'Quote' that post so that members following the thread can know to whom your post is dedicated to.

:top:

Regards
Kenjee

Great reminder or start your post with the name of the person you are addressing.

Bob K

Kenjee, is there a list of threads easily accessed in order to reply or post where desired?

gypsy401 wrote:

Kenjee, is there a list of threads easily accessed in order to reply or post where desired?

Could you please be more clear in what you wish to know?

We have the Expat cafe - open discussions forum where you can participate without specifically talking about expatriation.

(if that's what you meant)

Please let's stay on topic here :

Oskarlund wrote:

Hi everybody

I'm travelling to Santo Domingo in the dominican republic tomorrow. I've booked a ticket to San Juan, but i just recently  found out that i've made a mistake and booked the ticket out of the country 91 days after i enter the dominican republic. The tourist visa last for 90 days.

Do i need to buy a new flight? Or can i just pay the overstay upfront when i'm arriving?

Best regards
Oskar

Regards
Kenjee

The list of threads Gypsy is here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=234