About banks

hello for those who already live in Belgium,  what you think about the country ? how are the banks?

Hello ferdil,

A new thread has been created on the Belgium forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

In the meantime, you may read the threads under the Banks and finance in Belgium section of the forum so as to gather some infos.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hello,

Belgian banks are the same as banks in other countries. They still earn money with our money. And they give only crumbs

You might be shocked at the appearance of Belgian banks compared to other countries. My local branch is chaotic and every surface is covered with at least 30cm of paper. It also seems very hard to do basic things like getting a credit card here.
Although eventually I got things up and running, my experiences have been so poor that I transfer any spare cash abroad and keep only what I need for day to day expenses in Belgium. I also use a foreign credit card as much as possible.
Also be careful with the ATMs here - they are rather weird and things happen in a different order than you may be used to. Many seem specially designed to make you forget your card.

anony_mouse wrote:

You might be shocked at the appearance of Belgian banks compared to other countries. My local branch is chaotic and every surface is covered with at least 30cm of paper. It also seems very hard to do basic things like getting a credit card here.
Although eventually I got things up and running, my experiences have been so poor that I transfer any spare cash abroad and keep only what I need for day to day expenses in Belgium. I also use a foreign credit card as much as possible.
Also be careful with the ATMs here - they are rather weird and things happen in a different order than you may be used to. Many seem specially designed to make you forget your card.

Hello,

Could you be a little clearer in your adventures with the Belgian banking system? Because in light of my many international travel, if there is an easy banking system, it is in Belgium.