Currency in Moscow.... PLEASE ADVISE.... thank you!

I am arriving in Moscow soon but I am confused regarding payment for goods and or services in taxis, shops, restuarants etc...... Do I pay in Ruples, Euros, £'s or US Dollars?

What currency is most popular and also do most stores, restaurants and hotels take credit cards?

I am travelling on my own and wish to know this information to enable me to bring enough of each currency to Russia.

Can I charge my UK mobile phone in my hotel in Moscow and do I require a special adapter?

Any other general advice is greatly appreciated.... I am in Moscow on very early September for a few days

Thank you in anticipation of your information.
Jimmy

Currency is only the Russian ruble . Elevtrecity is 220 .

Thank you very much for your information it is greatly appreciated....Jimmy

Hello Jimmy. The currency is Russian Ruble. Most shops even small ones accept credit cards. We used here type C plug 220. Have you got a hotel?

Hi Tartanjim,
    The currency used here for local transactions are Rubles (or Roubles) . The exchange rate is fluctuating a lot so beware the taxi drivers (gypsy cabs) might try to rip you off charging more and specially from the airport. If you travel alone take the Aeroexpress (commuter to city-airport). Moscow metro is one of the easiest metro's to understand but its overcrowded specially during peak hours (7:30am - 10:00am, 5:30pm - 7:00pm). Do not try to exchange your foreign currency a lot in the airport, because the exchange rate is too low as in every airports around the world. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask for.
Have a nice trip.