Can an Employeer Deduct Salary for not performing well

Hello,

Is there any kind of labor law protecting employees not being victim of salary deduction for low performance?, I'm trying to help this Filipino colleague of mine who has been informed (verbally) by our company that, they shall deduct her salary for not up the mark performance. She joined our company for almost 10 months and now without any prior warnings, management trying to deduct half of the salary.

is there anyway I could ask someone get legal advice on this?

Thank you.

Hello,

there are chances that it can happen, but i am not sure about the actual's. please refer to the below link
http://www.rrc.com.bh/media/141168/labo … 12__1_.pdf

I am sure if anyone else has more info they will reply back

T&R

I don't think anyone can unless your contract states commission or performance based salary. The fact its is a sudden verbal statement & with no warnings about performance makes me think they are just trying to save money.
She needs to look at her contract. Im sure this is illegal

This is not legal at all. Ask your friend to contact the LMRA (or maybe the Ministry of Labour) and seek their guidance on how to deal with this.

The terms of the contract of employment will govern this. If the package is a combination of Salary and commissions, then the employer can withhold commissions for lack of performance.

Kindly ignore the part of my message where i mentioned there are chances, Farhaz has pointed out what has to be done!

good luck!

T&R