Looking for a modern safe small city and access to 1st medical care

I am looking for a modern safe small city not enclosed in jungle
Access to first medical care a must

The best private medical care is in San José which is not an area in which I would choose to live, so look at communities around the Central Valley. You will still have to travel to these private facilities.

Are there any cities or towns with traditional like streets with broad side walks ?
Don't want to live in the "jungle"

Thanks
Any suggestions for towns?

90 minute drive us accectable

You may want to consider Santa Ana.

Hello everyone,

Please note that a new thread has been created from some of your posts on the Costa Rica forum so that you may exchange on the topic.

Cheers, :)
Bhavna

Hell, after living on beach town I recently moved to Palmares,, a 50 minutes drive to San Jose. Very enjoyable tow, clean, good side walks, relaxed. I do not recommend city living like San Jose, Santa Ana, Escasu, Heredia or Alajuela, too crowded, too noisy. Best doctors in SJ, though but this little town has good doctors as well. San Ramon, the next town, 10 minutes drive is nice but not as nice as Palmares although there's more real estate to choose from and its outskirts are prety and quite

Most cities and towns are not in the jungle and have most facilities, access to 1st medical care would be mainly Central valley or Nicoya, Guanacaste .
Most cities have at least one large public hospital.
The main private hospitals are Clinica Biblica and CIMA and Clinica Católica in San José, Escazú and Guadalupe.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : off topic