Make some new friends

Hi everyone,

I recently relocated to KL from australia, hope to make some new friends here. I am currently resides in mont kiara and wondering how to hire a house helper.

Drop me a message if anyone is looking for work. Cheers

Regards

Hi there,

I am from Bendigo, Victoria and I moved to KL with my daughter last week!

Hi Kelvin & Nena,

Welcome to Malaysia. I hope your stay is pleasant here.

There are 2 types of helper which, I can recommend also depending on your requirement. You can hire part-time helper or full-time, live-in helper. Part-time helper is quite easy, you can google for cleaning companies online or any yellow pages. They will work for RM70.00 or RM80.00 for 3hours once a week. Some companies will offer cheaper rate if you hire them more frequently in a week.
Full-time live-in maid is recommended to obtain them from an agency. This will cost RM11,000.00 (50% upfront-50% when the maid arrives). The helpers are fresh from their country and are more genuine in their work.
It is strongly recommended not to get freelance helper for many reasons, from my experience: inconsistency in attendance and work performance, dishonesty and if anything happens, you cannot do much.

Hope this helps.

Nena0801, our friends moved to bendigo a couple of years ago.... Built their own house. It looks amazing ... Stunning view with kangaroos .....

I own a very nice victorian house in Bendigo. Bendigo is a nice place, sometimes very quiet.

Hi miss troyventuress,
  Good day to all her,with all your respect if you want to advertise your company don't say that freelancer is not trustworthy,all these kind of words,I'm a freelancer,I work before to an British and Australian family for 6yrs and I'm working now with an Australian family with I find her in these site,just advice them if they take freelancer ask an reference from an previous employer..thanks

Alma Vista,

I am glad to hear that you are a trust-worthy freelancer. You must be loud and proud about it.
I am saying this base on my personal experience and it is my recommendation. This is for safety. FYI, I am not running a part-time cleaning agency or a foreign worker agency.

Nena0801 ..... A Victorian house sounds lovely.

Hope you are settling into life in Malaysia .... The heat, the traffic ....

Did you manage to sort out a school for your daughter? What do you think of the Australian school? We are planning a move from Scotland and currently are looking at schools.....

Traffic is bad. We have to go to New Zealand  high commission to get Ella's birth certificate. She was born in Dunedin, NZ). So I decided to be brave and drive. My gps died, my phone was out of service...What an adventure!
Ella did not do that well in Australia, so we not decided yet on the school :(.

Oh no what a nightmare! You are so brave to drive! I am terrified of the traffic!  :sosad:

Have you shortlisted/visited any schools? What does Ella want to do in the future? How long will you be in Malaysia? How is she adjusting to the move? My kids are 11 and 7 and I worry about how they will settle.

Hi,
Before I move to Malaysia, I wish to do some business. Suggest.
Thanks,
Muhammad Rezaul Haque.