Proof of income ( affidavit ) for Visa

Have you been in the case to provide justification of monthly income ( pension, dividend, property rental, investment...etc ) to the immigration in order to meet full or partial financial requirement for your visa ( marriage or retirement ) ?

If yes, did you fill in a specific form or write a letter to be signed by your embassy ? Did you have to bring justification, like bank statement from your home country, taxes paid in your home country, organism of pension, etc...

Did you have any concerns with your local immigration office to accept this affidavit ?

Any useful and relevant informations are welcome, whichever your nationality and your specific case, this can help anybody to know the procedure to follow.

cthierrymk wrote:

Have you been in the case to provide justification of monthly income ( pension, dividend, property rental, investment...etc ) to the immigration in order to meet full or partial financial requirement for your visa ( marriage or retirement ) ?

If yes, did you fill in a specific form or write a letter to be signed by your embassy ? Did you have to bring justification, like bank statement from your home country, taxes paid in your home country, organism of pension, etc...

Did you have any concerns with your local immigration office to accept this affidavit ?

Any useful and relevant informations are welcome, whichever your nationality and your specific case, this can help anybody to know the procedure to follow.

1. Yes, since I use income to show my financial compliance with visa extension based on retirement.

2. Yes UK embassy provide a form(downloadable).THEY require proof of the earnings they are certifying e.g. bank statements

3. No, no concerns. The UK embassy letter is only provided if you produce relevant evidence of income. I could provide the same evidence to Thai IO if asked.....I always take it with me just in case......since this is Thailand

So procedure for UK is download the form from UK Embassy web site. Fill it out, include evidence and fee. Pay for return EMS postage.

I don't think an affidavit is sufficient - you will need solid proof. Sometimes that includes certified bank statements i.e. certified by the bank, who stamp them with their official stamp i.e. someone else's stamp is not proof. Again, for pension, apart from confirmation from the provider, they had to be shown being paid regularly into a bank account as well.

Gravitas wrote:

I don't think an affidavit is sufficient - you will need solid proof. Sometimes that includes certified bank statements i.e. certified by the bank, who stamp them with their official stamp i.e. someone else's stamp is not proof. Again, for pension, apart from confirmation from the provider, they had to be shown being paid regularly into a bank account as well.

Which country are you referring too?

In Thailand UK embassy letter which is not an affidavit since it is not sworn, but is a letter signed by embassy officer, which confirms evidence of income based on evidence provided to embassy by applicant. they specify certain acceptable forms.

on the other hand, US citizens, for example swear an affidavit and currently do not have to show evidence of what they are swearing.

For the last 7 years(times I have extended) the UK embassy letter has been sufficient for Thai immigration for a retirement visa extension.