Cost of Living in Colombo - 2 Pax

Hi All,

Am basically from Chennai, India. I got an offer from a Company in Colombo (basically a startup). I need to know about the following

1. What will be the Cost of living for 2 members (me and my wife) per month?
2. Is it really good to shift to Colombo in Career (IT) aspects ?
3. How much money i need to shell out for Comfortable/Luxury living ?
4. How much does it takes for sightseeing and other activities in the weekend ?

Thanks
Nitin

nitinsai wrote:

Hi All,

Am basically from Chennai, India. I got an offer from a Company in Colombo (basically a startup). I need to know about the following

1. What will be the Cost of living for 2 members (me and my wife) per month?
2. Is it really good to shift to Colombo in Career (IT) aspects ?
3. How much money i need to shell out for Comfortable/Luxury living ?
4. How much does it takes for sightseeing and other activities in the weekend ?

Thanks
Nitin

Welcome to the forum.
Please take the time to read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page. Pick a category, click on it and then read.

Hi Nitin,

Hope all good.To answer your questions, most depend on how you are willing to pay & what kind of a lifestyle you have.

For the Cost of living if you are not looking for a super luxury place I would say 25-30K(RENT)+another 30K as the living expenses.If you want more detailes check out Numbeo

IT field is Kind of Saturated in Colombo (I'm not sure what kind of vacancies are there for Expats,But I think most of them hire locals)

For luxury living I would say you will need around 75K-100K to rent a nice house

This is highly dependent on how far you go,where you stay,what you eat etc etc.Normally for a day rental It will cost you around 10K for transport & 20K-25K for accommodation.Food is cheap in Sri Lanka & I think you can manage

Hi Nitin,
I am also from Chennai and planning to move to Srilanka in November. I have done alot of analysis on this topic. If you want more detail, then reach me **. Currently I am in Bangalore.

Vinod

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum