Law-school student coming to Port Louis, Looking for "contact person"!

Hello there everyone! I'm a 24 year old Swedish law school student who is coming to Port Lous to write a field-bachelor thesis.   :)

I'm a cheerful and positive guy. I love learning, studying, working out, meeting new people and dancing.

I'm coming to Port Louis to write a Bachelor Thesis on children Labour laws in Mauritius. Besides studying I'm also planning to interview people.

So my question is if there's anyone living in Mauritius who could be my "contact person"?(My university requires it). The contact person is a person who could help me out a bit, to navigate through Port Louis, answering some basic questions like: Where to find a hotel, where i can find person x, what to avoid etc. A person who I could call sometimes while im there and who could perhaps answer a few questions before I travel there.

The university usually handles these things, but they just let me know that they wont be able to help me, so I have five days to find a contact person myself, so I'd REALLY appreciate if you could help me out. If this is something that you think you could do (I wont take up much of your time, promise! ;) ) then write here or send an email at ***

Sorry for the long post!

Much love,

Andreas.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your e-mail ad on the forum.

hey,. anything you would like to know locally, dont hesitate to ask

Cheers

Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer :)

Hello

A suggestion:

Why don't you try to contact either one:

1. Sweden Honorary consulate on the island
Taylor Smit & Co Ltd, Aqualia Building, Old Quay D Road
Port Louis
Mauritius
Phone
+230-2063203
Fax
+230-2402884
Email
[email protected]

2.Mauritian Consulate General in Stockholm, Sweden

Slottsbacken 2
111 44 Stockholm
Sweden
TELEPHONE(+46) 87 96 95 92
FAX(+46) 87 23 07 12
EMAIL WEBSITEhonconsulate.sweden.mauritius.gov.mu
OFFICE HOURS HEAD OF MISSIONMr Tord G. Magnuson, Consul General

There is also a journalist from Sweden living and working in Mauritius. She does post on and off on Expat-Blog . May by perusing the network of Swedish people in Mauritius, you may get some contacts

Thanks alot! It makes me glad, so many people on this forum are helpful:) I've actually tried emailing the consulate in Mauritius though, and calling the consulate in Sweden, but I didn't get a resopnse, the e-mail and number on the website doesn't seem to work!

But I'll try to send a message to Swedish people there, that's a good idea, thanks a bunch :)

Hello, who choose Mauritius for that topic? I can't think of an obvious link. What duration are you staying for and what plans do you have for transportation, as I think these will affect the advice which would be most helpful? Regards.

Mauritius isn't the only country being examined in the thesis. There's also been quite abit of legislative work done in this area which makes for good material. And there are some problems with child labour and trafficking that could be examined, you can read more here: http://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/wh … /mauritius

Hi Andreas,

You are welcome to contact me. I am a South African and been living in Mauritius just over 2 years in Moka, about 10 minutes drive from Port Louis.

Kind regards,

Hein

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct