Buying A property in Philippines for a norwegian - possible?

My Fiancee is a Norwegian citizen and he have planned to buy a house and lot property in the Philippines. Can a he buys a property, even we are not yet married?

mitz39 wrote:

My Fiancee is a Norwegian citizen and he have planned to buy a house and lot property in the Philippines. Can a he buys a property, even we are not yet married?

I suggest you post this on the Philippines section of the forum. This question has been answered there.

Hello mitz39

Since this query of yours concerns Philippines, your thread has been moved to the Philippines forum.

This query has often been discussed on the forum, you may browse through the forum categories to gather infos.

In short the answer is NO, foreigners cannot own land in Philippines, but he can buy a lease. Check out the forum for more details.

Regards
Kenjee

mitz39 wrote:

He can give you the money and YOU can buy the land, as a Filipino citizen.
HE can own the house that is built on YOUR land.

Being married makes no difference. The land MUST be in a Filipino Citizens name.

There are a few properties that are built under a Condominium title, even though a separated house, and these can be owned by a foreigner. They will be in a compound that must be 60% Filipino owned though, and monthly/annual management fees will apply.

I see. We already bought under my name and his name too.

mitz39 wrote:

There have been cases like that many times.  But they are not enforceable, as the constitution states that only a citizen can own land.  The Foreigners name can be on the title mentioned as the owners spouse, but without entitlement, unless the Filipino dies.

Hi,

then

If the problem is then solved, I prefer closing this thread

Best wishes,

Julien

Closed