Thanksgiving dinner in VN

Ok, so I have been requested to show off my American culinary skill and have chosen to provide a Thanksgiving dinner for friends and family in VN. My question is do they sell turkey in VN? I do not want live one as I don't believe in slaughtering anything that moves. Also, where can I find a grocery store in HCMC that sells Western goods. I need ingredients to make gravy, pumpkin pie and mash potatoes in addition to the bird. Any help is appreciated.

Yes they have frozen turkeys here. We get ours from the METRO store here in Can Tho every year. Potatoes you can get at any of the supermarkets of course. You'll have to test a few kinds of milk they sell to get the mashed taters the way you like them though. As far as the other ingredients I've found the best way is to order online from these guys:

http://www.shopfoodex.com/

I started using them last year with no problems. They use FEDEX and it takes about 21 days from when you place the order too when it clears  VN customs and delivered to the house.

Rick

thanks Bud :top:

Don't forget the cranberry sauce.....

flour is very common in the grocery stores. I've seen canned pumpkin in Giant. You can get imported or VN potatoes. I've seen both waxy and mealy potato varieties locally grown but they're usually very small.

I like citimart, Giant in crescent mall q7 has a lot of western goods. phu'o'ng ha located 58 ham nghi, q1 has a ton of foreign goods and lots of baking stuff. An Nam on Hai Ba Trung street has a ton of foreign luxury goods.