Bringing a lease car from UK to Malta

Hello Everyone

I Know the subject of bringing cars to Malta has been done to death. However i have not seen anyone about Leased cars.

We bought a brand new car in the UK on a leasing contract before we came to Malta and left it there until we got settled in here. My question is does anybody know what the regulations are for bringing this car into Malta and getting it registered?? Can it be registered here?? Or can we drive it here on Our UK tax, insurance and Mot??

It would be best if someone has done it already to answer these Question for me as i don't want all the Guess answers as this is a big deal for me and my family.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Robert and Katie

Have you spoken to the company that you lease the car from as I assume it is still their property and they might not let you bring it to Malta on a permanent basis?
If they are ok with it and you are already here, go into a TM office and ask the question.

Ray

rock&kt wrote:

Hello Everyone

It would be best if someone has done it already to answer these Question for me as i don't want all the Guess answers as this is a big deal for me and my family.

Robert and Katie

PS.
Perhaps this comment is not the best way to ask for help on this type of forum as you may find no one bothers to answer at all !

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
rock&kt wrote:

Hello Everyone

Robert and Katie

PS.
Perhaps this comment is not the best way to ask for help on this type of forum as you may find no one bothers to answer at all !

Ray

Good point Ray never mean't to come across as ungrateful to such a great forum as this is!
Also Ray thanks for the insight never really thought of asking the leasing company first. Will defo go and do this first as the answer will determine whether we bring it or not.