Family joining visa for my child only

Good day!
I am planning to take family joining visa for my child only... is it possible? what are the requirements?

the reason why for my child only is because my husband is working in a ship and he get a leave every 9 or 10 months, i am afraid that if i will get him a family visa he will not be able to come back here in oman to renew before it expires because he has also job in other country...

anyone can help me.. thanks!

meenann wrote:

Good day!
I am planning to take family joining visa for my child only... is it possible? what are the requirements?

the reason why for my child only is because my husband is working in a ship and he get a leave every 9 or 10 months, i am afraid that if i will get him a family visa he will not be able to come back here in oman to renew before it expires because he has also job in other country...

Hi
As per Omani rules, women (with Employment Visa) are not eligible to sponsor their family. Sad but true....
But I think you still can make a request to your employer. Only they can help you in this regard.

meenann wrote:

Good day!

Hi meenann,

Exceptions to the 'man-can-only-sponsor-his-family' rule can and have been bent in certain cases, if the reason is strong enough. Yours can well be one of those few, since you do have a genuine reason.

You would have to approach your employer and only they can help process your application. By yourself you cannot do anything on issues like these, that involve the government authorities.

Hi!
I want to ask about the possibilities of married Omani Man. My Fiancé his Omani and we have plan to get married but first here in Oman then go back to my country and do the marriage again. Is it possible that the government will allowed us to get married here in Oman? And if its possible how we can do and what are the things that we need to prepare. I hope you can help me. A piece of advice. Waiting for your response. Have a great day!

cutevicky21 wrote:

Hi!
I want to ask about the possibilities of married Omani Man. My Fiancé his Omani and we have plan to get married but first here in Oman then go back to my country and do the marriage again. Is it possible that the government will allowed us to get married here in Oman? And if its possible how we can do and what are the things that we need to prepare. I hope you can help me. A piece of advice. Waiting for your response. Have a great day!

Hi cutevicky21,

Firstly, I would request the moderators to create a new topic since this is a subject which can be of use to many others as well. Thank you.

cutevicky21, an expatriate marrying a local is not as simple as it may sound. Well, it would not sound simple at all if you have discussed the issue with anybody in Oman. The system here is pretty conservative. The rules are regulations are rigid. As expatriates, we cannot comment on that nor do we have any say in the matter, except to follow the rules. In fact, it is also quite the same for even the locals, who can neither say anything nor do something about the pre-defined processes and procedures.

The Sultanate of Oman is a country where the authorities still retain a firm grip on who its citizens can and cannot marry. All Omanis, irrespective of sex, still have to apply for permission from the Ministry of Interior to marry a non-Omani spouse - sometimes waiting up to two years for an answer to come from the Ministry of Interior. Rejections is far too common if the potential bride or groom does not pass the rigorous and inflexible checks.

Let me cut to the chase, since this is a subject that would warrant a far lengthier response which I cannot share at this moment. However, if possible, I shall share the link wherein this issue is covered at some length in a local tabloid's latest issue.

Here are the requirements if an Omani male wants to marry a foreigner :

(1) He must be 45-years or older,
(2) The male should first make a formal application through his local Wali's office,
(3) Then the case will get registered with the Ministry of Interior,
(4) Then the application will be 'studied' by both the Ministry of Interior as well as some others, including the Royal Oman Police,
(5)The Ministry of Social Development usually checks the living conditions of the person seeking marriage,
(6) The Ministry of Health will assess the applicant's health condition,
(7) Once these scrutinies are cleared successfully, the man is given the green signal to go ahead and marry a woman of any nationality he chooses.

For a woman, the process varies in that the Omani woman must be 30-years or older but more importantly, she must furnish a letter of permission from her father, or her male guardian.

There are also five extenuating circumstances that can be applied for an Omani seeking to marry a foreigner. But I am not getting into those here. Read the story titled 'When Worlds Collide' from the link below for more details. That is also the source of my post.

http://issuu.com/ytabloid/docs/y_issue_ … 1/14753014

P.S. I do not think I am violating any copyright issues here, since I have given the publication due credit.