Marriage certificate attestation for Oman Visa

Hi

Actually I arrived in Sharjah and going to move to Muscat from here after 10 days. My problem is that in my marriage certificate my First name is Wrong. i.e instead of Jeganathan Balaji, its Jeganathan Malaji. All the other details in my marriage certificate and passport of mine and my wife's passport are correct. Will it be a problem getting it attested in Indian foreign affairs and then in Oman Embassy?. Actually we are processing to get a letter from registrar to support the document but it will take about a month or more. So, instead of correcting the mistake, will both the embassies accept the Typo Error in the certificate and attest it?. Please reply.

Hi jbala73,

It really shouldn't be an issue, since the error is quite small.

Also, the authorities sift through hundreds of these documents on a daily basis and all they would be interest in seeing is if all the specified and required documents are attached.

It would be unrealistic to expect them to go through each and every submitted document with a fine tooth-comb.

Also, since all your other documents are correct, I do not think the last letter error would matter.

jbala73 wrote:

Hi

Actually I arrived in Sharjah and going to move to Muscat from here after 10 days. My problem is that in my marriage certificate my First name is Wrong. i.e instead of Jeganathan Balaji, its Jeganathan Malaji. All the other details in my marriage certificate and passport of mine and my wife's passport are correct. Will it be a problem getting it attested in Indian foreign affairs and then in Oman Embassy?. Actually we are processing to get a letter from registrar to support the document but it will take about a month or more. So, instead of correcting the mistake, will both the embassies accept the Typo Error in the certificate and attest it?. Please reply.

Hi Balaji
Typo errors can be frustrating sometimes. I wish you good luck.
Keep us posted on the outcome please... :top:

Thanks Sumitran. Appreciate your quick reply. Also, along with the marriage certificate attestation, do we need Birth Certificate of children (for Schooling) to be attested for Muscat family visa?, any more requirements apart from Educational Certificate Apostile (I got already), Marriage cert., Birth Cert (of children for Schooling)?, anything more?

Hi

I got the info. regarding the required docs. in this link
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=355588. Thanks for the information in this blog.
very much helpful. BTW, As usual you may know that government office procedures are always unknown even after explaining to them several times. I got the Marriage certificate corrected easily by the New Registrar and got 5 copies of Certificate again, whereas the old Registrar was telling many rules.