Antigua - Positive and Negative side and standard of living?

My husband and I are deciding whether to relocate to Antigua.  We would be grateful to hear from anyone who can give us advice.  We need to know what level of income would be needed to live comfortably, how easy it is to buy a property, standard of living etc.  We would like to hear the positives and negatives.

We have spent holidays over the last 12 years on the Island and love the people and the culture.  Now that we are both retired we wonder what kind of social life there is.

We are coming over on 4th September, renting a small Villa at Dickenson Bay and hiring a car so that we can get more of a feel for the Island.  Are there any areas to be recommended for permanent living?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anne

Hi there!!! I used to live in Antigua, love the island and love the simple life there.
I think if you planning to move the important things to consider is health insurance, the minor issues are ok to handle in the island but in my experience if there is something more serious you need to go out of the island, I learn that from the locals...
Buying, property is expensive and as a non citizen you will pay a tax because if that.
Where.... I will look for a safe area, crosbies use to be very safe, but go around, look for see views, jolly Harbour , English Harbour... Are the usual, but there is plenty of places... Good luck!!