Germany - Residence permit & Work related query

Hi,

I recently moved to Germany on dependent visa and my spouse's residence permit will expire on March 2016.

Now, i got a job offer (permanent position) in one of the company in Germany and since being a permanent position, i can work in the firm as long as i don't resign from the company or the company asks me to resign.

My question is - As i have come to Germany on dependent visa, and my dependent / spouse's residence permit / work permit will end on March 2016, in this case, can i still continue working for German company after March 2016, even my dependent / spouse permit will expire in March 2016? Are there any options that i can continue working in Germany by saying that a permanent position to work in a company in Germany?

Please provide answers to the above questions or please suggest any consultancy firm in Germany (the best you know) with whom i can discuss above and find answers.

Many thanks in advance for your help .

Hi

Have you already applied for EU - Blue Card ?

I would recommend that before contacting any consultancy and paying an amount .  You must contact your city Auslanderbehörde.  (usually at main center of Bürgerdienst)-   please try googling Auslanderbehörde with your city name
at office web site you can look for this words - ( Please look for this word Zuwanderung und Einbürgerung / aufenthaltstitel  )

You can first go to their office and ask at information or they may ask you to take an appointment.
If you havent register as EU Blue card and you wish to stay in Germany , Please do so . Since you have a unlimited work contract.  Please go with work contract, your passport and your current residence permit.

They should be explain you best suitable conditions and validity for your case. And you would be able to do out on your own.

Some info sites on blue card

official -
- http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/FragenAn … -node.html
- http://www.bundesregierung.de/Content/E … erter.html

- http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/eu-blue-card.html

- this is kind of agency - http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/

generally Blue card is valiud for
- non EU person , having a valid job offer, with above certain salary figure before tax per annum
- you need to serve 18 months in same company/ country (please ask this to main office at burgerdienst)

- you get a blue card residence permit for 3 - 4 years. then t gets converted in permanent residence permit if you dont have any work breaks
- in case you are able to get B1 certificate with oreintation course ( it had been asked in my case) , you can apply Permanenet residence after 22 months itself.

Hope this helps

Hi Ashish,

Many thanks for your quick response :)

I have not applied for a blue card yet. I have received my contract today, so i thought i will post my query on forum. As suggested by you, i will visit their office and will explain my situation to them.

I was read EU blue card FAQs and noted below:
-----------------------------
Is it also possible to obtain a Blue Card without a higher education qualification but based on completed vocational training?
It is currently not possible to obtain an EU Blue Card in Germany without a higher education qualification. The Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs has not adopted a statutory instrument to this effect in accordance with section 19a subs. 1 (b) of the German Residence Act.
-----------------------------

i have completed BSCIT, which is a 3 years degree and is not comparable to a german qualification. I do meet other conditions of a valid contract and minimum gross salary 

Any other options to continue staying in germany

Thank you again for your help and for all the details

Adding reply received from other expat forums, in case if this post will help someone in future

"ou can apply for a new residence permit based on your employment. That is possible in most EU countries. For this, you can get in touch with authorities"

I am still looking for any response. thanks

Hi

Do you have prior work experience in related field, then it should be ok.

I would recommend go only afgter you have received and signed your contract and submitted back to them , along with otherdocumenst of past experience your resume and study certifciates with a copy.  just to be safe.
if you start your new ob immediately then go few days after joining , would be more better.

if not anything afer few months you can think of joining part time weekend courses for language or for higher eductaion , that should also be able to get you an extension

but you have work contract and if it is well above salary, theymigh give you work permit for three years and take a decision with or without Blue card ..

wish you good luck
Ciao

Thank you for your response ashish .. i will follow what you have written in your post