Getting a SIM card when in Riyadh

Hi,
I will be travelling to Riyadh with work for a few weeks  at a time on and off over the next few months . Can i purchase a SIM card for use there. I am aware that an Iqama allows you to get a Sim but i will not be in that position at this stage. I worked in Saudi a few years ago so i have some idea how the system works but  the company provided a phone for me previously - not the case now and things change as the years progress even in Saudi!
Regards

You can buy the sim on certain outlets on your PP copies, but it will have a very short validity !! Eventually you need to provide your residency permit to keep it working or to recharge the same !!

Short-term prepaid sims available at the airport from the official outlets, just show them your passport, they will take a copy of your visa and issue one to you. You will have to recharge each time using your passport number

Go with STC :D

Word of caution, STC has almost non-existent customer service....unless its landline

alpha.one wrote:

Word of caution, STC has almost non-existent customer service....unless its landline

Good morning, call 900 now as they have unified their services. Depending on nationality the call gets transferred to Indian, Arabic, Indo, Bengali etc languages that are spoken.

Thanks bro...english speakers? :|

alpha.one wrote:

Thanks bro...english speakers? :|

yep English too