Driving a CAR with Indian International Driving license

Hi,

I am planning to move in few weeks to Al-Kobhar or Dammam (not decided yet as I have to move my family & two kids studying 1st & 5th standard.

Can someone please help me with their comment about Driving in Dammam or Al-Kobhar.

1. Can I hire a car from AVIS / HERTz or any other car hire vendor though International Driving License of India.
2. Is it OK / accepts by Saudi Govt to drive a car in Al-Kobhar or Dammam with International driving license of India (which is valid for 1 year)

Please help with your comment.

Thanks
Kumar

1- Yes, you can.
2- As soon as your iqama is issued, you'll need to get a Saudi drv lic.

Thanks you very much for your quick update Legend.

Can you please help me with more information on iqama:

1.What is Quama
2.By when it will be issued to me?
3.Is it very difficult to get Saudi License? ( I have driven in UK & got my provisional license as well)

Please help...

Many thanks

1.What is Quama - it's a KSA residency permit
2.By when it will be issued to me? - once you land here, do your medical, after that 2-3 weeks maximum !!
3.Is it very difficult to get Saudi License? ( I have driven in UK & got my provisional license as well) -  no it's not difficult at all to get KSA driving license.

Cheers :)

Thank you very much Saimans for your quick reply.. ...   :)

kasak123 wrote:

Thank you very much Saimans for your quick reply.. ...   :)

Do go through various threads on the forum. There's a lot of info being shared here :)

Hi,

I am an Indian,working in Dubai currently and i possess an International Driving Permit from India valid for 1 year. I am schedule to go to Saudi Arabia on visit visa for 3 months . I  had a Saudi driving license, which is expired now. Is it possible to drive with IDP of India in Saudi in this case. Please help me.

NO...