Clarification on work contract

Hi,
I am working in Baharin since Jan 2015 onwards, and my visa for 2 year,  but I have not signed any job contract and not yet received any official offer letter also, employer has promised offer letter will issue once I reached in Baharin,and according to his promise I hav resigned my job in native place and flew to Baharin, but unfortunately till now nt issued any offer letter,the actual problem is there is no particular work and salary also nt getting on time , twice a month he will give  one month Salary, So my question is1) can I change my job before 1 year..? 2) In case if employer asking me to releive the job can I approach MOL or LMRA for mobility and pending dues etc..?.bcz I have only valid VISA no job contract..3)
Pls advise

Hello ambit,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, you must contact LMRA but the first question they will ask you is the offer letter which unfortunately you have not signed. I don't know how LMRA is going to help you in this regard but i guess there is no other way. You can change your job (apply for mobility) only if your current employer gives permission for the same.

Remember that if there is no written communication nothing can be proved, i would suggest you take copies of the email (which i hope you have) where in your current employer has promised you to give you an offer letter and produce it to LMRA.

Good luck & God bless.

T&R

In addition to what logicalIndian has mentioned, the fact that you have a valid visa would mean that your employer has submitted some documents to the LMRA (even though you have not seen them). Keep this in mind when speaking to the LMRA.

Good luck!