Will new passport number will affect the visa ?

Hello All,
               I need to know that ,I am going to get visa,but my passport has ECR,so that I need to get ecnr ,it will change my passport number.

I need to know that new passport number will affect the visa .
Help me in this regards
Thank you
Fahim

Hello Fahim,

Welcome on board  :)

Please note that a new thread has been created from your post on the Dubai forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

The thread on which you reacted outdated.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

no it wont affect your visa. as the visa in old passport.it will be attached along with the new passport. and on your visa renewal it will be stamped on new passport.

Also for you to know, if your visa is newly applied, then you wont get it it approved if the passport is less than 6 months before expiry.

regards :)

ECNR should just be a stamp cancelling the old ECR stamp in your passport.  Why should the passport number change?  Maybe they are issuing the new kind of passport that no longer has any ECR for those going on employment.

abraham shebin wrote:

no it wont affect your visa. as the visa in old passport.it will be attached along with the new passport. and on your visa renewal it will be stamped on new passport.

Also for you to know, if your visa is newly applied, then you wont get it it approved if the passport is less than 6 months before expiry.

regards :)

Abraham,

You are right.