Cost of Comfort Living

I had an offer of 50,000 MUR is this enough to settle with family of 3 (couple and kid)..? or what is the ideal package i should get to stay with normal life incl schooling at kids level.?

Hello there! First of all im married too howevee i have no kids and my monthly cost is around 20 -25k rupee (house belongs to my wife though) so i dont really think that 50k would be enough, if you want your kid to go to good school and rest of the cost as well.

thanks

Kid's school can be a bit expensive indeed, if you send your child to private school + transport

Where on the island would you be based ?

Your after tax is about Rs42,500 so best your rent be no more than 10-12,000... Otherwise standard of living must be very modest.

It is very hard sometimes to try an envisage the cost of living in a new part of the world compared to where you are coming from. There are so many factors to consider in evaluations like what you suggest.

(a) Basic cost of the 'essentials' per month in services such as Water, Electricity etc.

(b) Basic cost of food such as bread , milk , vegetables.

Given that lifestyle and climate in Mauritius is different to elsewhere then you may need to make adjustments to accommodate these changes..

Everyone has different views for you on what they consider is 'enough' to live on, it can be expensive if you try to achieve the same standard as say the United Kingdom if you come from there. 

One must point out that if you became more 'local' in Mauritius then you may find that you adapt to a Mauritius way of life and find your own level of living costs based on being more of a 'Mauritian' than an ex-pat.