Western chef from switzerland looking for a job in jakarta

I'm looking for a Job as a Chef de Parties in a Hotel or Restaurant.
Me , my Wife and our Son moving next Year to Jakarta.
I'm a Qualified Chef worked in Asia, Australia and Europe.
I make my Apprenticeship in Switzerland where I'm born.
For any help iI thank you already

Greetings from Switzerland

PS, we are there for Holiday in February and March

Michael Birrer

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Keep an eye on www.catererglobal.com

Currently there is one
http://www.catererglobal.com/job/110701 … expertise/

Also hospitality online
http://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/w … re/jakarta

Its probably too early to find a job so long in advance.

thank you for your help

you think is to early to look for a job?

and it will better to look when im there?

Posted twice, so same reply:

Hey Michael,

You might want to contact a fellow countryman of yours, and a great friend of ours, Markus Kuhni, the new owner of the Fly Café here in Ubud.

After retiring from numerous positions as executive chef at various 5 star hotels, he decided to do something on his own.  He has excellent contacts in Jakarta as well as Surabaya and Bali.

.facebook.com/pages/Fly-Cafe/325920290905357

Hello thanks again for your replay.
You have his E-mail address or phone number ,would be great.
Thanks

Birrerer Michael

My E-mail is. ++++

Have great day

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your personal details in private pls

Michael, I just spent a couple of hours with Markus and he says that you have already made contact with him...so, on, on and good luck.

Cheers, Roy

Yes Roy
I wrote a E-mail .
And you are a Chef too?
And how is it in Bali I was there one before, was great just little to much rain that time.
Have a great time

Michael

How about to check out also Jakarta or elsewhere, I would not just concentrate on Bali only.

Be more flexible.....

Yes I know
I like to work in Jakarta.
We like to buy there a House too ,and my Wife will work in Jakarta.
I'm just looking for Friends who maybe have some Connections to the Hospitality.

If you have a prenup, the house buying is no problem.
If you don't, don't.
There may be a change in the law on the way that will allow a 'forever' lease.

That's true what Fred said. If you have a prenup your wife can buy, if not....be alerted that foreigners can not own properties/land except Apartments maybe

I'm married with my Wife for 5 Years ,and she is from Jakarta.
We also have our wedding in Jakarta.(Depok).I think for that is not a problem for the House.

Only if you have a prenup stating you have no rights to any property owned by your wife in Indonesia.
I was also unaware of that one when I first moved here, but that issue is years behind me now, and at no loss.
Don't make my mistake.

“And you are a Chef too?”

No, but I am one of those folks who lives to eat, rather than eats to live.

Markus has been a regular house guest of ours for many, many years.  On occasion, even though he was here on Bali for a break, I'd lock him in the kitchen for hours!   :D  Hey my friend, that's karma I'd tell him. 

“Don't make my mistake.”

Hey Fred, it seems to me that this prenup thing is important in and around Jakarta.  I can tell you that here in Bali, it never seems to come up and I've known four expats who died during my 17 years on Bali where it was no issue for the Indonesian wife…be she from Bali (and Balinese) or from elsewhere in Indonesia.  Granted, only one of those guys also had kids with his Indonesian wife, so perhaps that made a difference?

Hello everyone

Anybody now the price for shipping household and car to Indonesia from Europe?
And is the Indonesia toll difficult to take it?

You should check with forwarding companies in Europe about freight rates, perhaps easier to sell your stuff at home and look for replacements later when you are here.

Forget about importing a car, that's not possible due to the regulations and tax

Hello everybody
How is everyone?
Im Still looking for my Job in Jakarta as chef de Partie or junior Sous Chef.
I check evrything send Applications.
Maybe I have to wait now and be Patience.

You will have to be patient. You look for a job sometime in 2016 don't expect any job offer by now because nobody can really tell how things will work for foreigners to get work permits in 2016.

Regulations keep changing here, less work permits are granted. Economy is bad, more and more people losing their jobs.

You should follow online the Indonesian news to learn more. Also read thru the various topics in this forum where you can absorb tons of valuable informations.

Hello all.
You all now I'm Swiss, I would like to ask you if the Indonesian like to eat Swiss -Food.my Wife she liked and also
My Son.
If I'm there in March next Year I will look for Swiss Food but I guess will not find it right.
I know there is 2 Swiss Hotels .I will go there to have dinner.
I really love to cook .
OK tell me the Indonesian like that kind of Food?

I think that Indonesians prefer ayam goreng and bakso and other local foods, but they also like pizza hut sometimes. I don't think they know Swiss food.

Hi Again Michael, 

In your more cosmopolitan areas like Jakarta and Surabaya you'll find plenty of Indonesians who enjoy a broad spectrum of culinary delights from beyond Indonesia.  Switzerland is a popular college abroad destination for Indonesians.  Moreover the Museum der Kulturen in Basel holds the largest collection of Indonesian art and artifacts outside of Indonesia.  And in those same areas, Jakarta and Surabaya, you'll also find a significant contingent of Swiss expats.

happyhour wrote:

Regulations keep changing here, less work permits are granted. Economy is bad, more and more people losing their jobs..

There's a political battle raging between those who want more foreign investment, and those who want severe nationalism, excluding all foreigners.
The department that issues work permits seem to lean towards the latter group.
Our opinions on the subject have little to do with anything, but it's there anyway, and that makes it harder than it should be to get legal work and work permits, even for ESL teachers, people I feel are essential to Indonesia's future.
As quoted, the economy is dipping, so that's going to be a problem as well.