Getting Married on Tourist Visa - Allowed?

Good day guys! Anyone knows about information if i came here as tourist visa then before the end of my 3months of stay here,we will decide to get married. Is it allowed? thanks in adv for the help

hazel21001 wrote:

Good day guys! Anyone knows about information if i came here as tourist visa then before the end of my 3months of stay here,we will decide to get married. Is it allowed? thanks in adv for the help

Nothing to stop you getting married in Australia, but you must still leave when your Visa expires.

If you have decided to start a new life in Australia, there is a good chance you probably want to get married in Australia. It's a good idea to know what your options are, especially if one or both of you is not a resident of the country. The best thing to do if you want to get married in Australia is to planning ahead first. It is best to give yourself at least two months to plan the wedding.
What you need to do is choose your marriage celebrant and they will provide a document that needs to be completed and probably one of you will be requires to attach some supporting documents that provide evidences about you and your partners relationship. Also required a birth certificate, death certificate, or certificate of divorced , if one of you had previous relationship before.