Premium dog food

Are there stores there that sell premium dog food? I don't feed cheap stuff from supermarkets. Or would internet retailers ship for same cost as in the mainland?

Hey PurpleSugar! We feed our dogs premium grain-free food.We have found both PETCO and PETSMART carry a pretty good selection, and both stores have locations on the island.We looked into shipping, but charges are high. Not sure where you will be, (we're on the west coast in Rincon) but I'm sure you can find a store relatively near by.

My dogs like good steak, rotisserie chicken, a good pork shop and love shrimp and lobster.
We mix some dog food with it but they rather we add more meat. Also they love green peppers and other vegetables

ReyP wrote:

My dogs like good steak, rotisserie chicken, a good pork shop and love shrimp and lobster.
We mix some dog food with it but they rather we add more meat. Also they love green peppers and other vegetables

Your dogs eat better than I do!!!.... :o

Hmmm .... I wonder what dogs ate before "dog food" was invented? I don't own a dog (but love them and there are always several resident dogs where I live whom I adore) but the qualities of a premium dog food might include no gmo, organic (i.e. no pesticides), no man made chemicals, and should be edible by humans in a pinch  ;)

victorlglass wrote:

Hmmm .... I wonder what dogs ate before "dog food" was invented? I don't own a dog (but love them and there are always several resident dogs where I live whom I adore) but the qualities of a premium dog food might include no gmo, organic (i.e. no pesticides), no man made chemicals, and should be edible by humans in a pinch  ;)

So when I was growing up in the island grampa always had dogs in the house. They eat left overs, no money for dog food. Dogs died of old age and the acted happy to be feed the left overs.

victorlglass wrote:

They ate the owners when they got too old.

My 6 pound dog (overweight, Vet wants it at 5) never seen a cow, but loves beef and never seen a chicken, I wonder if the chicken or the dog will run away.

It chases squirrels, but the squirrel run as a courtesy, then laugh at the dog. She think she is as big as a Great Dane, will it try to chase a cow?
It would be funny to watch it trying to bite the cow ankles until it steps on my dog.

Wife's yappi dogs love to run after the wild rabbits in the back yard. They also chase the chickens but when the rooster turn around and face then it is funny watch them run the opposite direction with their tails between their legs.

i will be ordering my dog's food via Amazon

Probably the same place you buy it where you live now.. Petsmart, Petco or your vet....

We're moving WHERE? wrote:

Probably the same place you buy it where you live now.. Petsmart, Petco or your vet....

I actually shop at Chuck & Don's ;) and occasionally order from chewy.com which does not ship for free to Puerto Rico

Don't worry...Pet Smart, Petco, or local Pet Stores have premium food. Also Freshmart or your Vet. I buy Premium food at Pet Smart.  It seems like such a heavy item to ship when you can buy it here.