I would like to know if it's not dangerous for foreign people in Cali

for some reason I would like to know if it's not dangerous for foreign people in Cali ...

Hello Hille
Why do you think it is dangerous to live in Cali for a foreigner?
Best Regards

I am just asking... The country has on a worldwide scale a fame of some crime issues.... Am I'm wrong?

Let the question of dangerous or not for foreigners in Cali for the  people already live there, thanks for sharing your opinion

hillel96 wrote:

I am just asking... The country has on a worldwide scale a fame of some crime issues.... Am I'm wrong?

I think much has changed since the 1990s in Colombia.  But each person has his own perception of what is safe and what is not, sometimes regardless of the reality.

The reality is, there is still a high level of crime in Colombia - but it is no higher than in many places in the world, and there are parts of Colombia that are quite safe, and others that are not, especially in and around the larger cities.

I suggest you go to the top of the page, click on the blue link for Colombia:
You are here:   Forum / South America / Colombia
...and then in the search box type 'crime' to see and read the hits you get.  The subject has been discussed thoroughly.  Try the same using 'safety'.

By the way when I search on the web for Netanya, it does not seem to be such a safe place and seems to have a somewhat disreputable reputation of its own!

Hi everyone,

Please note that i have created a new thread with your posts on Colombia Forum to boost the interaction and visibility of the topic.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta. Tu be honest I have some knowledge of Spanish and some Colombian people I've met .de todos modos ...I want To visit Colombia pero tengo poco ..how would I describe it.. It's not like you've said. "Many places in  the world have crime"...   I would be very happy to walk in Cali en dos en la mañana con mi celolar y my wallet sin being afraid something will happen to me. By the way  Netanya or Herzlia where I live today are  places you can walk  all night all around at any hour or any neighborhood without any fear... So I understand it's not so bad like in the 1990  and one has to look where they go or drive... But it's not as my first impression was and with my espanol and understanding travel.... And not being a naive tourist. Todo se va hacer bien. Please forgive my language erores... Since both English and Spanish are exactly my mother tounge. hasta Lego