Need to find work and housing urgently

Hello my name is John Mifsud from Malta , I live here with my English girlfriend but we now want to relocate back to the Uk for family reasons at the end of this month so need to find work and housing urgently, if anyone could give us any advice it would be a great help. Hope to make new friends on here ☺.

Hi John Mifsud,

Welcome to Expat.com community :)

Please note that i have created a new thread for you on England forum.

For your hunt of an accommodation and job, i invite you to post your advert on Housing in England and Jobs in England which will boost your search.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi John, Sorry to learn of your predicament, I left the UK 11 years ago but remember every Town has a large and locally well known job center and likewise a locally well known Benefit agency. Therefore depending on which Town you are returning to, my suggestion is to contact each agency in advance, starting by checking them out via the internet for an email address or contact details.

I regret my advice is not more specific... Peter from London.

johnmifs wrote:

Hello my name is John Mifsud from Malta , I live here with my English girlfriend but we now want to relocate back to the Uk for family reasons at the end of this month so need to find work and housing urgently, if anyone could give us any advice it would be a great help. Hope to make new friends on here ☺.

Hiya Johnmifs,

Welcome 😊

May I suggest that you checkout the following job search engine: CVLibrary
I was made redundant back in May and this site is the best I've found. All other job search sites use it too, for example - when you click "apply" you may be taken to the REED site, or the NHS site etc. There are lots of job search sites. Unfortunately, applicants for most vacancies run into the hundreds. The unemployment rate is very high and the standard of applicant is higher. Qualifications will help get your CV noticed - so make sure that you have them included.
You will need to have your CV on your computer and you will have to register with every jobsite you apply through - which in some cases can take an hour or more depending on the vacancy, however once you have registered you just have to remember your username and password.

The UK government website can help with the housing issue - but again, people currently living in the UK have priority.
To be honest, it's not going to be an easy "overnight" solution, it could and probably will take a few months to sort out. Sorry to be the bearer of such negative feedback, but better the truth.

Good luck with your quest and if I can be of assistance I will try - but you have to do your research first and get registered with the jobsites and the housing association before you do anything.
The internet is now your best friend,

Take care

Chuckle Butty