Need the help with some serious seperation / divorce issues

Hi all,
My name is Nat, Ima single mum, with an amazing little girl. I live in Essex, uk.... my family are all Londoners... so must admit im quite partial to the odd pie n mash...  Im so glad ive found this site ... you guys certainly have some good information.
I married a Brazilian in 2006, In Sao Paulo. We have a daughter age 10.... i need the help with some serious seperation / divorce issues. I have recieved the paperwork but on what he states i refuse to sign the agreement. I feel so out of my depth with the whole thing to be honest. In my eyes he doesnt deserve what he has declared. Dont get me wrong Im happy he has moved on,hes much happier now, he has a 2 year old son and a new partner back in brazil.

I wont waffle too much but if anyone has any advice for me I would be so so so grateful xxx

Hi Nat,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that i have created a new thread from your post on England forum for a better interaction and visibility :)

If you want to obtain answers to your questions which concern more deeply Brazil, you are the most welcome to create a thread on Brazil forum

I invite all members to help you

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi Nat,

I am a Canadian expat who has been living in Brazil for over 13 years now. For the past several years I have been Expat-blog's Brazil & Canada Expert because of my vast knowledge of the crushing Brazilian bureacracy.

Really your situation has not been described enough to get a good idea of the situation you're in, or even to know if you're talking about a divorce in the UK or here in Brazil. The information I would need in order to advise you is probably much to personal for the open forum so I suggest that you contact me in the private message system with more details.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Wow, looks like another "One post wonder", who posts a question and never comes back to see if there's been any answers. Looks like I wasted my time on this one..... oh, well. That's life I guess.

James wrote:

Wow, looks like another "One post wonder", who posts a question and never comes back to see if there's been any answers. Looks like I wasted my time on this one..... oh, well. That's life I guess.

Hiya James,
I'm guessing that it wasn't the answer she was looking for  - so many people want the assistance of the forum members and expect them to do all the work for the 'newbie'.....they just don't grasp the concept of a forum or the purpose of the blog. It's such a shame because I've had help from several members (inc your good self, "ESTA/Mexico" in March), and I've learnt so much.
Maybe Nat just hasn't been able to get back yet?
Chuckle Butty  🐢

James wrote:

It's not as frustrating as someone coming here looking for general advice, then becoming increasingly upset from you when you provide exactly what they were requesting (but the type of advice they don't want to hear about, a reality check in other words). I would rather they didn't come back! Not only is my time wasted, but I'm insulted in the process.

XB23 wrote:

It's not as frustrating as someone coming here looking for general advice, then becoming increasingly upset from you when you provide exactly what they were requesting (but the type of advice they don't want to hear about, a reality check in other words). I would rather they didn't come back! Not only is my time wasted, but I'm insulted in the process.

You've got that one right my friend, and we've both been on the receiving end of that one together a few times!  :lol:

Cheers,
James