Moving to KL

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a job in KL and my salary is 14555 RM (before tax deduction).

I have a son (1.5 yrs old) and a wife and i will be moving with my family.

I seek your help in having a fair understanding about the quality of life and expenses that have to be incurred and also what would be my take home after EPF and tax deductions.

I also plan to buy a car next year (MYVI, preowned/used) and i am planning to stay in Bangsar

Regards
A new Member

Hi dr_singhamit1976,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

So as to get an idea on the expenses and the quality of live, i invite you to have a look at this thread : Cost of living in Malaysia – 2015

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Yes, take a look around the forum for answers to your questions. Otherwise whatever may be written will be meaningless.

www.iproperty.com.my    for property prices
www.mudah.com.my    for cars

Plenty of COL postings to review.  EPF - foreigners don't usually get it (or they get minimum which is RM15 per month I think).  Review taxation etc. There is a very useful search box at the top of the forum.

Malaysia is 30-35% more expensive than India. So you need a salary double your current one to make it worth your while.

Quality of life is better than mumbai. Your taxes will be roughly 2500 myr. EPF should be checked with your HR. 14k+ is definitely better than salaries that have been mentioned on this blog recently. As Gravitas has mentioned, have a look around on the forum for similar questions. Good luck!

I wish EB would find the way to consolidate these threads into one. Posters are not searching the forum for answers which have been posted and re-posted and re-posted a thousand million zillion times. The answers are there and they are up to date, too. The difference in someones proposed salary and expense-wondering doesnt justify new answers everyday as if their situation is unique.

I certainly want a newcomer to think they are being helped but they can help themselves too. I would appreciate hearing a new question after they have searched and read the abundant and existing postings.

Just my opinion.

Anyone assessing savings should look at exchange rates. I warned before that RM would take a slide due to oil and now over 4 RM to a dollar. Means massive pay cuts I included I have been made 20% poorer salary wise recently!

Any one spare a dollar for a cup of tea???  :whistle: