Good salary?

Hi everybody,

I am curious to know what is deemed a good salary in Tunisia? A salary that allows one to pay for the necessary expenses, namely rent/bond, food costs, electricity, water, petrol, possible variable expenses like transport, clothes....and make allowances for entertainment and savings.

I know that cost of living is relative and also dependent on the area one chooses to live in. If i chose to live in Tunis what would be considered and good liveable salary? I have checked on some sites, teachers earn far less in Tunisia than they do in South Africa and i am simply wondering if i would be able to afford a similar lifestyle there as i enjoy here....travelling overseas at least once a year, saving a percentage of my salary, visiting restaurants frequently, shopping after paying my necessary expenses.... would this be possible on a teacher's salary?

Thanks ☺

I am living in Tunis and I have a normal life with a cost of 2500 $ ( 4700 tnd). I pay rent for house and a car, gym, going out to restaurant one time per week. Cost of living in Tunisia is high. I.e. the fish is most expensive even the country is surrounded by sea. Of course you can live for less but you have to check your standards.

Thanks for your reply...im assuming those costs are for a family and not a single person? If it is for a single person then it is rather high. By the sounds of it im gonna have to teach day & night to make ends meet 😉

Yes,  its a cost for family. If you look to keep your lifestyle you should not expect less cost than 2000 $. House rent 700 usd, car rent 500 usd, bills 150 usd and 650 usd for food, drinks, sport.