Rosarito Recommendations - Housework

I'm looking for recommendations for several services in Rosarito:

1) general contractor/someone who can do a bathroom renovation and tiling
2) painter
3) junk removal service
4) cleaners (we are talking deep clean, not just dust the tops of the cabinets clean)

Anyone who lives there or used to and can recommend someone would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

You will have more success if you check the specific Rosarito & Baja forums that you can find on a Google search.

Yeah I'm checking there as well !  Thanks

Did you try speaking to co-workers or neighbors? Mexican co-workers are the best.
For expats, that's usually the most secure way. You want to very careful of whom you allow into your home.

Yes make sure you get very good references from expats.  Ive met many expats who had people come into their house for months and years and one day for whatever the reason the employee decides to take something valuable.  So the best thing is not to let anyone in your place unless you are there.  I would never leave someone alone in my place as you are asking for trouble.

Maryellen makes some good pts...unfortunately being home while someone else is cleaning your house sort of defeats the purpose of hiring a cleaner. For me, if I'm home then I'll clean my own house, but I know others who prescribe to your thinking to just chill while someone else is cleaning. Also at times you want your house cleaned so when you come home, it's done. I find it awkward sharing my space with a cleaner once I'm home. What you said about expat references is also a very good point, but again, that usually means the cleaner is now overbooked & too busy to do your place b/c she's been referred so well. It's a catch-22 issue for sure. Finding native childcare as an expat is even scarier with more restricted options. The company I work for finds the people for us expats - it's an American outfit so if anything happens, the company has its own investigative team & they're are on it...not the Mexican cops. Also they have their own screening process. Again, go to your boss - chances are he's using someone now and can set you up. BTW, Mexico DOES have a bondable procedure for its native workers.

Your rates are probably a lot more expensive than the average Mexican housecleaner which is why most people hire the person directly.

maryellen1952 wrote:

Your rates are probably a lot more expensive than the average Mexican housecleaner which is why most people hire the person directly.

The difference in the rate is definitely worth the potential loss due to theft. The company covers part of the wage but I know the Mexicans are still underpaid by the agency for sure. Again, to get prime service, I buy gifts for the ladies and their kids. They're so appreciative of that. And they won't screw you over.

I doubt that your "gifts" would equate with an I-pad or some other expensive gadget so it is a moot point.  Everyone I know here in Ensenada who has a housecleaner or any help is on the premises.  That is just common sense and some have to find out the hard way.  I used to clean houses in Los Angeles in affluent neighborhoods and the residents were usually always at home during the housecleaning.  So if they don't trust hired help there do you really think they will in Mexico.  I've never hard of anyone using a cleaning service in Baja and probably for a good reason.

I am always at home when anyone cleans my house.  I want to make sure it is done my way as I am paying.  I don't own stuff that might attract anyone  and I want the job well done.