How do you legally learn driving here?

I am in Riyadh and I would like to properly learn how to drive a car, the legal way. How do I proceed? Should I go to Dallah Driving School? They do provide actual driving practice and learning, right?
I need to learn driving first before I apply for a license, as I do not have any experience with driving a car.

Yes

or you can do what the other 95% of the folks do. Learn on the road and risk our lives...usually they are the most successful ones :)

hamudi wrote:

or you can do what the other 95% of the folks do. Learn on the road and risk our lives...usually they are the most successful ones :)

Most successful in what? In risking our lives I guess :o

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Most successful in what? In risking our lives I guess :o

Yella, true :)

in passing the road test :D risk of life is out there regardless of the driver

Can anyone advise on the cost of lessons and tests, and how many lessons are recommended/required before taking the test? Also, is a driving license from the KSA perfectly transferable once back in the UK/USA?

dandaman wrote:

Can anyone advise on the cost of lessons and tests, and how many lessons are recommended/required before taking the test?

Usually 7 days --- 3 stages which you have to pass subsequently.
Cost: 435 SAR.

dandaman wrote:

Also, is a driving license from the KSA perfectly transferable once back in the UK/USA?

What do you mean?  :unsure

Thank you for your response. So it's seven days worth of lessons and then you take a three-part test? Presumably the test costs 435 SAR, but how much is each lesson usually? As for my other question, I was asking whether the KSA driving license is internationally accepted or whether I'll need to take another test when returning home. Many thanks.

dandaman wrote:

Thank you for your response. So it's seven days worth of lessons and then you take a three-part test? Presumably the test costs 435 SAR, but how much is each lesson usually? As for my other question, I was asking whether the KSA driving license is internationally accepted or whether I'll need to take another test when returning home. Many thanks.

Where is home for you ? If Amrika is your home then no need to even take lessons here as US license is recognized and you just need to give a road test for paperwork purpose... unless you don't know how to drive and you are under 18?

I'm from the UK, I don't know how to drive and I'm certainly older than eighteen. The cost of lessons and car ownership in the UK always put me off. I've managed to get by for years living abroad without learning to drive, but the KSA would be much easier to get around if I owned (or could rent) a car. Any concise information anyone therefore has regarding the lessons and the test and whether the license is internationally recognised would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

435 is the package price that consist of three stages. You'll go for the test as your driving instructor clears you from stage-3 [reverse parking -- pls google].

The test is in two parts:
1) Computerized: You have to prove your road signs interpretation skills.
2) Test Drive: Show them your new skills [reverse parking included].

KSA license is recognized in the 6 GCC countries [KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar].

You may get a translation of this licenses from major travel agencies; and can drive in many countries out of GCC -- for a limited time. They call it IDL (international driving license). But do note that there is nothing on earth called an international driving license. The document you get from a travel agency is merely a translation and representation of your Saudi license and has no legal standing (e.g., in case you, God forbid, involve in an accident) outside GCC.

They have computerized test ? Gosh i'm getting old.

But some countries do recognize Saudi drivers license (translated and certified by embassy) if you were to apply for a license in the west.

True story.

Thank you!

@TheLegendLeads
How do I obtain these road sign interpretation and driving skills?

expatriato wrote:

@TheLegendLeads
How do I obtain these road sign interpretation and driving skills?

You'll get a brochure once you register with them the training classes/exam.

I want learn driving. How can you help me? Please let me know. Thank you sir

Hello Mamoniyou,

Since this thread is quite old and dates back to 2015, you will most likely not receive any answers here.

I would advise you to create a new topic on the Saudi Arabia forum in order to ask any question you may have.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com