From India to Quito with Family - Cost of living, Safety, Education?

Dear All,

Greetings!!
I am Amit from India. I need your help in free time. I dont have any other references.

I am planning to move with my family to Quito from India this year, before going there I heard some horrible news about Quito.

I am really scared after hearing all these stuffs about women safety, kids education/care, armed robberies, murders, etc.. Ok its happening all over the world, but what I heard its on peak in Quito. Please correct my facts if I am wrong.

1) So just asking about safety for expats as I have a spouse (29 yrs) and kid (3 years). Should I go for it or not as myself and spouse BOTH will be in job there. We will work for 10 hrs a day.

2) English Education and daycare for kids.

3) 3000 Us$ per month + accommodation : will be it a middle class living in Quito.

4) And another thing after a year of living in Quito how difficult/easy/? it will be to enter Canada for job search (in open work permit) from Ecuador if I have a resident permit in Ecuador. I have not appeared IELTS (English language test)

Thanks in advance.
Reagrds
Amit and family
India

Ecuador is a Spanish speaking country. Spanish would be required for work, for school, for everyday living. English is - not - the language of Ecuador.

Here is a link to the Ecuador government website which details immigrant permanent residency visas, and all of the requirements to obtain such visas:

Immigrant visas

http://www.cancilleria.gob.ec/immigrant-visas/?lang=en

HI,Amit,
Nice to hear that you will soon be moving to Canada soon. just couple of points.
who are your Agents, as nowadays it is very difficult to pick them among thousands.
Did you check their credentials and what is their fees.

Amit

Do you have a contract for a job or not?

Ecuador is primarily  a retirement destination for pensioners with a guaranteed income.

If you need to work to support yourself (and your family), as a foreigner it is unlikely that you will get a job. Ecuadorians are given first preference.

You cannot enter the work force if you are not proficient in Spanish. There are thousands of Venezuelans trying to get jobs and move to Ecuador.

You cannot get a residence visa unless you can prove to authorities that you have a guaranteed minimum income of $800USD per month or $900 with a dependent. You also can see the investment visa on that government link.

In order for a single individual to live comfortably it is $1200 to $1500 per month. With a family much more.

Never mind Canada see if you have a way of getting into Ecuador. I suggest to Kevigaru to look at his visa options for Canada. You can't just move to somewhere in North America and expect to be allowed to stay and work or study without a an authorized visa

Hello all

For info, some posts have been removed from this thread being considered off topic.

@Amit Dash : Reading the Living in Ecuador Guide as well as browsing the forum by 'Forum categories' will help you gather lots of information about the actual situation in Quito.

Regards
Kenjee