MANDATORY E–VISA APPLICATION TO ROLL OUT 31ST AUGUST 2015

This is to inform the general public that as from the 31st August 2015, all visa applications will have to be made online via www.ecitizen.go.ke. The online e-Visa and the manual Visa applications will continue to run concurrently until the 31st August 2015 (Immigration may extend this date to the 30th of September, 2015).

Visas will need to have been received PRIOR travelling to Kenya. Tourists will NO LONGER be able to apply for visas upon arrival in Kenya.

For information/ instructions on how to apply online, please visit the following link: http://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/ … aperad.pdf

Source: www.immigration.go.ke and Huduma KENYA

Any info on how long it takes to get a visa plz? Am Egyptian citizen and used to get on arrival.
Thanks
Mona

Mukondi wrote:

Any info on how long it takes to get a visa plz? Am Egyptian citizen and used to get on arrival.
Thanks
Mona

Why not check the online application process to see how long it takes ??

Well in order to know how long it takes I have to apply!!!!! I don't wanna apply now.

Mukondi wrote:

Well in order to know how long it takes I have to apply!!!!! I don't wanna apply now.

Well if you had read through the online application there is a whats app number to call for information and also an email address   [email protected].
Perhaps you should email them !!!!!!

The link is not opening, it gives an error. I don't know if my tablet is the problem or the link itself

Mukondi wrote:

The link is not opening, it gives an error. I don't know if my tablet is the problem or the link itself

I have no problems opening the link. Must be your tablet. Perhaps go to an internet cafe and try a computer there.

OK I will. Thanks

Hi Mona,

From what I'm seeing on other blogs, it will take at least 1 week but you, most likely, will need to end up calling them after you have applied as it seems that the process "seems to move faster" after they have been called.

FYI: According to eCitizen, "approval" means that your visa has been approved but not issued yet.