Living and working in Bahrain

Hi there,

I am new to blogging but am looking for honest advice.  My boyfriend is potentially about to accept a 2 year contract with a company in Bahrain.  I am wanting to move out there and it looks like from the posts that I have read we would be okay living together (unmarried) if we kept it relatively quiet.  Can someone confirm this for me please as the posts seem to be around 2-5 years old and I just wanted to get recent and up to date information.

Also I am looking at getting employment whilst we are out there, can anyone recommend any recruitment agencies that would be good to approach.

Thank you for all advice in advance.

Ellie

You should be fine living together, I have a friend who was living with her fiancé....just don't go around telling everyone, no one needs to know you are unmarried.

Dont know any recruitment firms within Bahrain, but usually websites are best for finding jobs here
naukrigulf
seek
gulftalent
bayt

What industry are you in and what kind of job are you seeking? It is worth looking at companies within the industry and contacting them or their HR directly sometimes rather than using recruitment agencies (local or overseas)

I found that jobs I applied for directly to the company landed me interviews as opposed to the same job applied for through a recruiter!!!! Think saves them recruiters fees if they hire directly so my suggestion is by pass and go straight to the source of the job.

Good luck hope this helps.

If you require any more help or want to chat feel free to message me

:o)

Hello there, Welcome to the Forum.

I'd recommend you to read this article that was written by two extremely helpful members of this forum and contributed by others too. It will give you a rough guide to Bahrain which will help your boyfriend and at the same time you will get to know how things function here that could in-turn help you too.

I agree with fchaudari76  and highly recommend their suggestion as this will put you ahead of others who are in the same position as you and going through recruiting firms.

Good luck  :top: