Accommodation advice for parents

Hi all

I along with my wife and 2 boys( 7 months and 3 year old) from UK  are thinking of moving to Cairo in Jan 2016 for 6-12 months

I have been searching for places to stay and seen Zamalek and Maadi are good places to stay.

We are looking for
-Safe quiet family friendly area
-Nursrey and day care for our boys with English and Arabic
- I want to enrol on an Arabic programme so need good transportation links to Arabic institute in potentially other areas.

I am looking for a 2 bed apartment but not sure where to stay.

What are the costs for high quality schools and nusreys for 3 year old?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Zamalek will be great place for you , also there's alot of international schools and nusrsery too .
Moreover,  there's arbic institute there for learning expats so no need for transportation. However its more expensive than other areas .

Thanks for your reply.

Typically what would I be looking at in terms of accommodation, bills and schooling costs?

Which Arabic language institutes so you recommend in Zamalek?

I can say only about accommodation.in Zamalek apartments  r really good and big for families,but be ready to pay one month deposit as well.electricity is very cheap in Cairo, comparing to Europe.
Cairo.craigslist.org  _  check this website to get more info about accommodation

Zamalek and maadi are ok places but overly crowded which can make living there quiet a challenge for most.
Try researching "new cairo" might suit you better.
New cairo has no shortage of schools & nurseries. It has few univirsities which might offer arabic programs.

I personally recommend either Madinaty or Ar-rehab they are cities which match UK style living if not better, you will find everything you need close by and it's not too polluted or over crowded like other places in cairo

zamalek is so crowded